Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koofy Smacker

MAK Angler Reviews??

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

There was a decent bit of talk about this bag when it came out, now I havent seen anything on how guys like them. I know its not a full out MAK with the double layered sail cloth, but to the guys who have them, how are they holding up?

Any comments on how they are doing is appreciated, as Im thinking of picking one up myself

Bag is great. Holds up. The only problem i found was that the tube inserts came apart. i expected that with 50lbs of lead bobbing around. Other than that bag is Flawless.

I received one a few months ago as a gift and really like it. I had same problem as Fatcow where one of the tubes came unglued from the others, doesn't impact function and I will fix it in the offseason with a little Goop. I love that hooks no longer get caught in the fabric like they would on my first (very cheap) surf bag. Size is perfect, fits lots of plugs, tins and soft plastics.

Bob

I received one a few months ago as a gift and really like it. I had same problem as Fatcow where one of the tubes came unglued from the others, doesn't impact function and I will fix it in the offseason with a little Goop. I love that hooks no longer get caught in the fabric like they would on my first (very cheap) surf bag. Size is perfect, fits lots of plugs, tins and soft plastics.

Bob

thats just what Im looking for. My shimano bluewave just doesnt have the space. I have the small one which I bought on a whim and it was a mistake. I think the MAK is just what I need. I dont get to the beach a ton, but I want something that will last and not break the bank.

Its a good bag for the money. The bag material has held up very well. Like others have stated, the tubes have separated from each other. I glued the tubes together but i guess that made them too rigid and they are all now cracked. The bag comes with 2 3/4 inch tubes not the 3inch ones, I would prefer the 3inch ones and feel they would actually fit better in the bag. The bag drains relatively fast but they didn't put any drainage holes in the large inner backside pouch so I did. After fishing it hard for almost two seasons, its the best Ive owned and its the only bag to last me a full season minus the damaged tubes.

I'm happy with mine. As mentioned earlier...price is right too. Only change I'll make this winter is swapping over to square plastic rain spout material to replace the tubes to get a little more storage.

I do wish the top was maybe a 50/50 split top so you would only have to expose two tubes at a time when opening...