Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfcasterzx2

Greenport sharpeye swimmers, any good?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Frank, IMO it's not really nice to publicly ask this type of question and in an off handed way bash a plug you've never tried. This isn't me following you around, just being honest. :)

-Kevin

These are good lures. I know a guy on this web site who caught stripers in the summer using these lures..I have a couple and they swim very well...especially in current...

I have caught on them.

I just started using them last season, so I don't have a ton of experience with them yet.

I will say that they are very well built, have a good finish, and swim exceptionally well. They hold well and do not roll out, even in a pretty good current.

I had at least one in my bag on each trip out last season, and plan to do so for next year.

I consider them a well made plug that does what it is intended to do.

Frank, IMO it's not really nice to publicly ask this type of question and in an off handed way bash a plug you've never tried. This isn't me following you around, just being honest. :)

-Kevin

I meant no harm, wasn't bashing, not even remotely close. It was a persons opinion who is a very skilled fishermen who knows his stuff about plugs. He told me he didn't like how they performed. Let's not start a negative issue out of it. I have never tried them, I was just looking for other fishermens opinion who have experience with the swimmer. And anothet friend of mine just purchased one and told me he didn't like it either. I think they look awesome, I want to get a couple, maybe theres a way of fishing them?

I have caught on them.

I just started using them last season, so I don't have a ton of experience with them yet.

I will say that they are very well built, have a good finish, and swim exceptionally well. They hold well and do not roll out, even in a pretty good current.

I had at least one in my bag on each trip out last season, and plan to do so for next year.

I consider them a well made plug that does what it is intended to do.

Thanks for your input, I'm gonna purchase a couple to see for myself.

They certainly catch fisherman! I bought a couple this year, so havent tried them under all conditions. They do swim very very well and cast better then a bomber or other swimmers.

They catch,

Green points/blue sharks swim more like a bomber than a red fin in terms of their depth, they have a nice swimming action better than a bomber.

Cast well but like any Finnish swimmer your not hitting England on every cast.

Handle current well as they don't roll out but too much or a ripping current and they go back in the bag and out come the rubber shads.......I mean buck tails :D :D

Nothing about my post was negative, I simply stated IMO it wasn't necessary to include negative reviews on a plug you've never tried and it ended with a smiley. It just happened to be you, I would have said the same thing regardless of the topic starter.

I meant no harm, wasn't bashing, not even remotely close. It was a persons opinion who is a very skilled fishermen who knows his stuff about plugs. He told me he didn't like how they performed. Let's not start a negative issue out of it. I have never tried them, I was just looking for other fishermens opinion who have experience with the swimmer. And anothet friend of mine just purchased one and told me he didn't like it either. I think they look awesome, I want to get a couple, maybe theres a way of fishing them?

Nothing about my post was negative, I simply stated IMO it wasn't necessary to include negative reviews on a plug you've never tried and it ended with a smiley. It just happened to be you, I would have said the same thing regardless of the topic starter.

Nalu, put it behind you! I just want people to post about the swimmer. If you have no experience with it, then this thread doesn't concern you.