Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazybellringer

Whats wrong with my empro?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

On Saturday it started getting harder and harder to reel fish in, then it started to feel like i was reeling in a tire when i was brining in my lure. I went hame and with nothing on the line it reels grat smooth as butter. Sunday same issue hard to reel in. When i got it home it was hard to reel with out anything on the line. I can move the handle backwards smooth as butter but forwards it's grinding away. Where can i get the tools to take this apart?

Place it carefully on your driveway, just behind the rear wheel of your truck. Back up 3 feet. All fixed.:D

Pro or ProA? For the older style Pro, all you need is a small phillips screwdriver, and a deep socket that fits the rotor nut (can't remember what size it is). One of my 3 EmPros is acting similar to yours. Not sure I've found the problem yet. The teflon washers that sit on either side of the A/R clutch are chewed up. Hard to believe that would cause the hard reeling, but nothing obvious other than that jumps out at me when taken apart.

Got a Stella now anyway.  biggrin.gif

the deep socket is the tool i don't have, I may have to run out and get one tonight. It's the em pro A. It's been going off down here and I usually don't fish the reel that much in jersey but distance has been king.

i just dropped off my exceler 5000 at bucko's in fall river mass to get mine serviced cuz i freezes in mid about mid way every crank they said it was most likely the bearings on the inside of the handle. only used it for not even a year and thing was junk! i know it isnt an empro but usually if a manufacturer makes a mistake with parts on one model there just might be similar issues especially being that the empro is an older model then the exceler maybe it needs bearings too! just a thought.. good luck with that!

so i got work done on mine,I bought it used and havent even used it all that much. Whats the deal on thes reels are they all junk? It sounds like theres a lot of trouble here. Are they just great casters and thats all???