Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husky

Romney on Guns

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Obama has a better track record on this issue than Romney!  Fer real, no joke!

How sad is that?

National Park CCW signed by Obama, AWB by Romney

Given the chance, Obama will screw us gunnies over faster than a sailor in a Manila cathouse. The new issue of the American Rifleman goes into some detail about Obama's most fervent desires via a vis gun control.:squid:

Romney is an unscrupulous pragmatist who would screw his own mother up the unholiest of unholies to get himself elected, but he is at least smart enough to know that any anti-gun crapola would put his Presidency into the crapper. Not to mention the fact that gun 'control' is another new 3rd Rail of politics. Politicans now avoid it like the plague, and won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

the AWB in MA was becoming law with or w/o romeny. he did help us get a couple things through around licensing but over all he's never been great on guns. however I believe he has paid for those sins andwill be a decent 2nd Amend proponent while in the WH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

however I believe he has paid for those sins

the hell he has.  he is going to be grilled and booed just like giuliani was when the r's got together at NRA

it is unlikely nra will endorse him if he is the r nominee.

Quote:

the AWB in MA was becoming law with or w/o romeny. he did help us get a couple things through around licensing but over all he's never been great on guns. however I believe he has paid for those sins andwill be a decent 2nd Amend proponent while in the WH.

What do you base that prediction on?

Even if that is true, he had the chance to delay it yet he chose to sign it....speaks volumes AFAIC

The ONLY saving grace is that the HOR is very pro-gun at this time, however I wouldn't count on him picking any Pro 2nd Justices.

What do you base that prediction on?

political reality. guns are a third rail for both parties now. Romney will be better than Obama. do you not agree? I know you're pretty liberal, more of a Republican than conservative, not sure on your 2nd Amend stance but do you think Romney will be better or worse on guns/2nd amen than Obama?

Even if that is true, he had the chance to delay it yet he chose to sign it....speaks volumes AFAIC

The ONLY saving grace is that the HOR is very pro-gun at this time, however I wouldn't count on him picking any Pro 2nd Justices.

I don't recall any chance to delay it. and any delaywould not have created a small opening or changed the status quo as the crackpot AG was an anti-gunner whose safety regs are more damaging to our rights than the legislatures anti-un laws. instead of delaying it he got a couple concessions put in. it was a sound pragmatic decision at the time. disappointing that we couldn't do better here in the cradle of liberty and birthplace of the nation, with a strong pro-gun state constitution. but we are still WAY better off then the poor folks in NJ!

Quote:

political reality. guns are a third rail for both parties now. Romney will be better than Obama. do you not agree? I know you're pretty liberal, more of a Republican than conservative, not sure on your 2nd Amend stance but do you think Romney will be better or worse on guns/2nd amen than Obama?

Based on real reality and history, i think he'd be a disaster as far as 2A issues.

And the comment about my political ideology was unnecessary, especially coming from a, well, nevermind. At least you didn't call anyone a term for female body parts you like to use all the time. That's a good step toward civility from the left! icon14.gif

Based on real reality and history, i think he'd be a disaster as far as 2A issues.

And the comment about my political ideology was unnecessary, especially coming from a, well, nevermind. At least you didn't call anyone a term for female body parts you like to use all the time. That's a good step toward civility from the left! :th:

that's comforting. you're usually clueless and wrong so if you agreed with me that Romeny will be fine on 2A I'd be nervous. it would be almost as bad as TRegDunlop or Eddy agreeing with me :)