Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowmanhere

Willy Young

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

I like Willie too, but you gotta respect this place no matter who you are... Willie has done a ton on this island for fisherman, and im sure he will for years to come.

Newsflash: I like Willy Young, too. That's why I gave him a hundred opportunities to stop making off topic, personal posts here. It was nothing personal when he was removed, I'm sure in his heart he knows that.

TimS

Well maybe just maybe if people didn't constantly attack and badger him he wouldn't go off the deep end. A few of you guys are unrelenting in busting his balls and you do it just to argue and cause grief. and it gets really old. If you fish on the beach here on LI you personally owe Willy a debt of gratitude. He and others work tirelessly to get us access and promote our hobby. I don't agree with some of the stuff he writes about but damn cut the guy a little slack and have a little respect for him and what he does. personally I'm tired of all the constant childish bickering and back-biting that goes on here in the LI Forum.

Willy is my friend, occasional fishing partner,a confident and tireless soldier in the beach access and conservation fight that many don't realize we face almost daily. Everytime you air down(your supposed too) and enter a beach on long peninsula keep in mind Willie had something to do with it. Like it or not Willie gets the job done, has thousands of supporters and is one of the most generous men i have ever met. I will support him no matter what and am confident in his ability to win every fight we face(and there's some coming) fisherman(boat and surf) contribute billions to the economy of the tri state area we have what we have and we have it because of a guy that gets nothing and expects nothing in return. You say thank you to the guy he gets pissed and says never mind that just do the right thing. Thanks Willie I promise I won't run any Plovers over, or carry through with releasing 100's of cats at Demo. Talk to you tommorrow my friend....