Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Hunter Orange...

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I woke up before day break on Saturday and let the dog out. She started barking and growling. I let her in and made coffee. Something was bothering her. So as the sun rose, I stood on the porch and peered across the field. Got the binoculars and sure enough a guy is at the far end of my field. I put a bell on her collar and walked out. His truck was tucked off of the road... Directly in front of a Posted sign. Walked across the field... Yelled a couple of times. The guy complained that my dog had scared the deer! I asked if he had read th signs. He told me that he had gotten permission from the owner! That's funny because we never meet before. He insisted that a guy up the road had told him to hunt there. If he wasnt such a prrick, I might have told him to stay an hour... Or come back another day.. I I told him to leave. He actually said that in Vermont the people own the land! And he complained about Flat Landers posting property. He'll probably be back. I was wondering about the spot where he had parked... It looked like he had parked there before. Later, I was working on the house... There was a three foot piece of 2x4 with a bunch of 16 penny nails. It never made it's way to th fire pit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez The Killie Killer View Post

I woke up before day break on Saturday and let the dog out. She started barking and growling. I let her in and made coffee. Something was bothering her. So as the sun rose, I stood on the porch and peered across the field. Got the binoculars and sure enough a guy is at the far end of my field. I put a bell on her collar and walked out. His truck was tucked off of the road... Directly in front of a Posted sign. Walked across the field... Yelled a couple of times. The guy complained that my dog had scared the deer! I asked if he had read th signs. He told me that he had gotten permission from the owner! That's funny because we never meet before. He insisted that a guy up the road had told him to hunt there. If he wasnt such a prrick, I might have told him to stay an hour... Or come back another day.. I I told him to leave. He actually said that in Vermont the people own the land! And he complained about Flat Landers posting property. He'll probably be back. I was wondering about the spot where he had parked... It looked like he had parked there before. Later, I was working on the house... There was a three foot piece of 2x4 with a bunch of 16 penny nails. It never made it's way to th fire pit.

Sorry, I've only seen 2 deer in 4 days hunting near Stratton Mtn.  Thought I'd try a new place. Thanks for the warning about the 2X4.

biggrin.gif

even better, now when he steps out to see the flat tires and gets nails through his boots and into his feet, he sues the land owner for setting a trap.......there ya go............................next time theres a tresspasser, call the cops, press charges..........do it enough and people tend to stay away from teh land they;l get arrested on

A few years back on Thanksgiving Day, my buddy was shooting clay birds with his 12 year old cousin on his parents farm in West Windsor, VT. Some crazed woodchuck comes tumbling down the hill brandishing a large pistol (T/C Contender) screaming that they were ******* up his deer hunting. They called the cops and had him arrested. Up until that day, their farm was the only un-posted land for miles around.

:v:

even better, now when he steps out to see the flat tires and gets nails through his boots and into his feet, he sues the land owner for setting a trap.......there ya go............................next time theres a tresspasser, call the cops, press charges..........do it enough and people tend to stay away from teh land they;l get arrested on

What trap? Used it to put up a No Trespassing sign.

What trap? Used it to put up a No Trespassing sign.

It will be traced back to this thread were you said "there was a three foot piece of 2x4 with a bunch of 16 penny nails. It never made it's way to th fire pit".

A few years ago, I never put up signs. When I discovered damage, I posted. The neighbors hunt, ride horses, snow mobile on it ... All without issue. One adult son of a neighbor had to be told to stop tearing things up with his ATV and Jeep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterweasle View Post

Plus he's got evidence right here it was intentional. 

It will be traced back to this thread were you said "there was a three foot piece of 2x4 with a bunch of 16 penny nails. It never made it's way to th fire pit".