Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sand blister

Leaf shredder

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I bought a Yard Machines leaf vac/Mulcher/Chipper two years ago used off a guy for $150 and it has worked awesome. You have to empty the bag more often than I like but it is much easier than bagging leaves.

Not used often, but the best labor saver since the washing machine. I was so tired of bagging leaves on my hands and knees. that I finally broke down and bought a leaf bagger. If you do put them out in bags to get rid of them, you use far fewer bags. I compost the leaves for my veggie garden, so they're sitting in the back yard right now in chicken wire cages.

If you have a riding mower, block discharge chute, they make for most models what is called a GATOR Blade has ridge like back of gator these tear up leaves into small piece almost looks like a vacum went through them,, also works good on pine needles,can keep them on all year or in summer open chute again and run normal blades to disperse clippings.

A set of gator blades for home owner mower less than $40.00 (After market) I pay 42.00 for a set for my 48in Scag mower if mech inclined can change in less than 1/2 -3/4 hour,sure saves a lot of time, work.

Unfortuantely i dont have a riding mower. I do have a zero turn radius walk behind which i got over the summer. I didnt have a bagger with it. It is considered a mulching mower. Does great with grass. But with the amount of leaves that I have it wouldn't look to great.

Well, I decided to get a leaf shredder. It isnt as great as I would have thought. You literaly cant have any twigs in the leaves or else the thing wouldn't do anything. I had to do some adjusting inside of the panel to make the opening bigger so everything false through a little faster. I think it will work fine when the leaves are dry. The piles have been sitting for a week during the rain because local home depot ran out of bags :p so now what usually would have taken up around 20-25 bags, I ended with 8, which is pretty good I would say. Plus, it is a great compost maker. I have a few barells getting ready for spring. :D

i "inherited" my mother's practically new 4in1 craftsman yard vacuum since she pays a guy now to do the leaves and i couldnt be happier. what usually takes me all of 4 hours i can do in 1 with 1 hand. i still like to rake it out in spots, but for the most part i can just walk around the yard with the electric blower and put all the leaves up against the fence and corral them into a corner. then run them over with the yard vac and it crushes and bags everything. it has a built in stick shredder that does branches up to almost 2". i look forward to leaf season now to show off.

I used to have one of these Trac-Vacs. ( it was a different color) but I sold it 2 years ago. Without a doubt the easiest way I ever found to pick up leaves, pine needles, and small sticks.

I used to have one of these Trac-Vacs. ( it was a different color) but I sold it 2 years ago. Without a doubt the easiest way I ever found to pick up leaves, pine needles, and small sticks.

my neighbor has one called the cyclone, it works the balls,

Check out Little Wonder blowers they have a sucking attachment that will suck you leaves right into a bag if you want it will also mulch them.I use the track Vac on a 60"Bobcat zero turn rider.I do like 3-4 properties a day more if there dry.The home owner models are junk.You can also look at the Billy goat leaf suckers they work well,and craftsman has a sucker that works well.Still don't expect commercial results from a home owner model.The commercial models are very expensive,but man do they suck!!

FC