Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EBHarvey

I can now say that I know....

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

....exactly how not to kill a rooster.

So in case you were about to, you can put away that high-powered raccoon-stopping pellet gun, cause it won't work. In fact, said rooster may not even notice that .177 caliber pellet that just went through its skull at 1200 fps.

And your golf club idea, scrap that too - you have no idea how hard it is to hit a golfball-sized moving target, especially one with 2 holes in its head that knows exactly what you're up to.

You can also put down that metal pipe because, as it turns out, even a chicken with a broken neck and flopping-around head can still: a) run b) chase you, and c) launch itself 4 feet in the air in an attempt to gauge your eyes out with its spurs.

If you think you're going to be all Dexter-y about it, think again. And if you though all this effort, blood and guts, general pain-in-the-ass-ness was going to result in some sort of epic free-range dinner bliss, its not.

this is what you get for fooling with hunnitdolla turkeys. it leads to this. next time, i would suggest a nice low impact fresh fish meal instead but, well ya know

It's gouge, not gauge. effin idiot. :rolleyes:

I stomped a wild turkey to death yesterday. Of course, it had just been hit by a car and was twitching on the side of the road.....but still, dead!

i usually do it the old fashioned way : with an ax ! some run around & some dont,go figure.try bailing wire tied to 1 leg & the other end to a bush so 1 foot is on the ground & the other is up,great for cyotes & bob cats.

yeah yeah, I know an axe works, but how the hell do you get a pissed-off, panicky, evil, rapist, so aggressive you have to kill it rooster to lay his little neck down on a chopping block for you to cut it off?

i know how to kill a stationary animal dude. this was a whole different ballgame.

the other chickens were all watching, one even said wow, victor's gonna get him, looks like were eating farmer eebs for dinner, sweet.