Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shipwreck

I-195 Crew?

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I see you out there. Coming from Mercer at 3am as I am coming home from a night shift at the Hook. I see you pass me around the Imlaystown exit heading home from clamming all night on IBSP as I am trying to catch the morning bite in Belmar before work.

Who here makes the run? How many of those rigs I see with poles or kayaks festooning them are SOL guys? Who here knows every bump, deer jumping spot and speed trap on that damned road? Who loves to race the sun to the horizon and get there first?

Represent West Central NJ surfcasters!

I make it a night run regularly . Fish more civilized hours . O dark:00 to whenever . Enjoy the solitude and steady pick of night fish to chasing those OC early morning sand eel chasing bass pods which are more hit or miss it seems.

:wave:

this is one of the corridors i travel to hit the water these days. sun comes up, rocco goes home is how it goes.

haven't seen IBSP in 10 years, and plan on keeping it that way. :p

I drive this corridor daily, to and from work. From one end to the other. I've found if you don't break 80 mph, the state troopers leave you alone. I cannot speak for the local cops I occasionally see shooting radar (usually in Wall...)

All in all I think its a great way to get to the beach. I think of 72, 36 or the GSP and shudder at the thought of 'commuting' to the beach on those roads as so many do. Besides the deer, this is an easy stretch of road that you can turn on the cruise control and roll!

Of course that uneventful drive can be monotonous and really challenge us sleep deficient wraiths.

Harrys closes at 4 on Sunday. :( The guys are getting more and more stuff for surfcasters and the prices are very reasonable.

I admire you guys from PA, North Jersey and western arts of NJ. You guys put a lot of time, effort and gas$ into this sport. I live about 1 1/2 mile from the beach so my efforts relate strictly to the 'fishing' but you guys have to invest a lot just getting to/from the water. Good on ya!

195 oh how it haunts me!!!Exit 16 Wawa gas caffeine hoagies! Always State troopers shootin pictures everywhere.Deer are a pain in the a$$The thing I hate most is going around Trenton.That really sucks at oh say 5-6 PM and 8-9 am.I always see other verticals with rod racks and roof racks.I don't ride with my rods outside anymore had one blast apart from a rock kicking up.No more highway riding for my rod's.Hey We need a signal to alert each other like maybe the salute I always get from other drivers! :D No seriously it'd be cool to know there where fellow SOL'ers traveling down the road with me.

FC

I admire you guys from PA, North Jersey and western arts of NJ. You guys put a lot of time, effort and gas$ into this sport. I live about 1 1/2 mile from the beach so my efforts relate strictly to the 'fishing' but you guys have to invest a lot just getting to/from the water. Good on ya!

I consider 195 my home run , now fishing Cape May which I do quite frequently too as my fishing buddies live south it quite the run ,about 120 miles each way . Normal day for work has me doing 2-300 miles so running to Cape for a pleasure run is no big deal for me.

Just left Harry's about an hour ago and next door Cheyenne Outfitters . Cheyennne has Uncle Mikes belts which makes a great surf belt .

I Exit 16 Wawa gas , can't beat the price locally.

I make the run from PA to LBI every weekend sometimes twice. $45 in gas, plus tolls and I beat all of the local guys onto the beach and most often to the best spots.

Let's hope Holgate gets hot now that the access is restored.