Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

0% financing on trucks.

14 posts in this topic

To quote the late great Robert A. Heinlein, "TANSTAAFL." If the interest rate is (officially) gone it's factored into the price of the truck for anyone who doesn't come in with independent financing.

As a personal matter, I can't think why anyone who has a choice would buy credit and vehicle from the same dealer. Not me, thank you very much.

To quote the late great Robert A. Heinlein, "TANSTAAFL." If the interest rate is (officially) gone it's factored into the price of the truck for anyone who doesn't come in with independent financing.

As a personal matter, I can't think why anyone who has a choice would buy credit and vehicle from the same dealer. Not me, thank you very much.

+1

No more Generous Motors for me....I went Toyota, my bank....0.9%

Just FYI, with a lot of the 0% financing you waive your right to the rebates/incentives, as with the 2011 Silverado I just bought a week ago my options were 0% financing over 72 months or approx. $5,000 in rebates/incentives

For example say you took the 0% financing on a 72 month loan for lets just say $35,000 vs. a 3.5% rate with the incentives.

with the 72 month interest free loan you would be looking at approx $485 a month payment with no interest paid whereas with the incentives you would be looking at a monthly payment of approx. $460 over the same time period with $3,000 going to interest.

In the end, its really a toss up in my opinion. In my case, I went with the rebates because after I did the math I ended up paying less for the truck than I would of had I taken the 0% financing incentive, also I refuse to do a 72 month loan (higher % chance of being upside down in it, although with used truck prices these days I don't know if that matters)

Dislaimer - I'm an accountant and I like numbers, but someone check my math anyways.

Just FYI, with a lot of the 0% financing you waive your right to the rebates/incentives, as with the 2011 Silverado I just bought a week ago my options were 0% financing over 72 months or approx. $5,000 in rebates/incentives

For example say you took the 0% financing on a 72 month loan for lets just say $35,000 vs. a 3.5% rate with the incentives.

with the 72 month interest free loan you would be looking at approx $485 a month payment with no interest paid whereas with the incentives you would be looking at a monthly payment of approx. $460 over the same time period with $3,000 going to interest.

In the end, its really a toss up in my opinion. In my case, I went with the rebates because after I did the math I ended up paying less for the truck than I would of had I taken the 0% financing incentive, also I refuse to do a 72 month loan (higher % chance of being upside down in it, although with used truck prices these days I don't know if that matters)

Dislaimer - I'm an accountant and I like numbers, but someone check my math anyways.

if these car companies want to sell there cars/trucks there going to have to offer up the rebates and the 0% financing, truck lots up near me are loaded with 2011's, I'll just wait for something else to happen,

if these car companies want to sell there cars/trucks there going to have to offer up the rebates and the 0% financing, truck lots up near me are loaded with 2011's, I'll just wait for something else to happen,

I agree with you! Since the incentives and financing deals come out monthly there should be new deals at the end of the month. Since I've been shopping for about 4 months or so I didn't see much of a change in the incentives from October to November, I think they may have actually not changed at all for Chevy/GMC at least.

The 2011 model incentives on Chevy/GM don't expire until 1/2/2012 (part of the reason I moved on mine).

Toyota incentives expire 11/30/2011 so we should see some new and hopefully more attractive incentives soon for the Tundras.

Good luck! and if/when you do get a new truck be sure to post up a pic!

Check your math? Not I. I'm a lawyer and we're chronically innumerate. :D

I even think Toyota has 0% right now on 2011 Tundras, I know they did a couple of weeks ago, plus some pretty big rebates

I agree! the worst part of buying from an American car dealership is the dealer attitude...Went to try and buy a Ford expedition and the sales guy is

like THAT's THE PRICE, no negotiating, so I literally left the dealership with the money and bought a Toyota instead who were very accommodating

I might ad.

let's here the stupid replies now!

I agree! the worst part of buying from an American car dealership is the dealer attitude...Went to try and buy a Ford expedition and the sales guy is

like THAT's THE PRICE, no negotiating, so I literally left the dealership with the money and bought a Toyota instead who were very accommodating

I might ad.

let's here the stupid replies now!

Toyota has been always known for that very behavior - little room to negotiate (in general).

I didn't check your math but when I was purchasing my 08 Ram you could get 0% or a $6,000 rebate. The monthly payments were cheaper with the $6,000 rebate.

Check your math? Not I. I'm a lawyer and we're chronically innumerate. :D

You got that right ---- but you sure know how to multiply hours!!!!

This is an interesting thread for me. I'm looking for a new unit, my F-250 has 213K trouble free miles, to carry me through retirement. I like to buy last years' models this year and enjoy the factory to dealer rebates of 5K +. Unfortunately the configuration I want this time is very scarce but I will get serious next week --- search the nation wide database.

It seems that nobody wants F150 supercabs with 8' beds. The 6.5' on my current truck is marginal for my surf fishing overnighters. I currently have a crew cab but have only carried rear seat passengers maybe ten times in the last 8 years.

As for price --- you can get dealer net info from several sources including Edmunds. Given that info you'll find most dealers happy to take down a few hundred more --- particularly near month end when they are about to eat another month of floor plan. Some will even go below dealer net and accept part of the holdback for profit. If you know what you want and can find a dealer salesperson (I use the fleet guys) who understands the packages the process is actually not painful --- just expensive.

It's easy for me as I only consider Ford --- no gubmit motors for me, and I buy enough junk from the far east --- they're not getting by vehicle $$$$$.

Cheers,