Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tradrodz

WTB-Penn 706

18 posts in this topic

I guess people are holding on to these things for dooms day or some sort of catastrophic event LOL...I can see it now invest in silver, gold and penn 706's haha. anyway free bump for a tough to find reel

Hello:

If you would be interested in a black spool 706, with the gold coffee grinder handle I have one that I purchased, but realize I just won't use it as I fish primarily from a boat. In any event, I paid $80.00 for it and another $30. for the correct handle.(It came with a torpedo handle.) I bought it from a kid on Craigslist who told me it had been his grandfathers. Has some finish wear, emblem intact and appears to function as it should.

Let me know. I could get a picture up this evening or over the weekend. I hope to be togging on Sunday though.

Randy O.

i have an excellent condition 706. the body has small amount of paint loss around outside edge & underside of foot, top edge of line roller, a few spots on very edge of rotor, single scratch on outside of rotor & a few scratches inside, & a single spot where the reverse switch has worn. the spool has a a few spots of worn paint where the line would be. other than these minor cosmetic blemishes, the reel & paint is in perfect condition. it is collector quality. the reel has been packed with penn green grease. i also have a new 706z gold machined aluminum spool with 20lb crystal fireline. a new 706z sealed drag knob. new replacement main & roller bearings & extra set of carbon drag washers. also comes with tool, catalog, slightly used lube, & box (lid has been torn off). the whole package is $375 shipped.

will

Hello:

If you would be interested in a black spool 706, with the gold coffee grinder handle I have one that I purchased, but realize I just won't use it as I fish primarily from a boat. In any event, I paid $80.00 for it and another $30. for the correct handle.(It came with a torpedo handle.) I bought it from a kid on Craigslist who told me it had been his grandfathers. Has some finish wear, emblem intact and appears to function as it should.

Let me know. I could get a picture up this evening or over the weekend. I hope to be togging on Sunday though.

Randy O.

Is that a Green 706 or a Z? either way I am interested. If you could send a pic or two that would be great. Thanks

i have an excellent condition 706. the body has small amount of paint loss around outside edge & underside of foot, top edge of line roller, a few spots on very edge of rotor, single scratch on outside of rotor & a few scratches inside, & a single spot where the reverse switch has worn. the spool has a a few spots of worn paint where the line would be. other than these minor cosmetic blemishes, the reel & paint is in perfect condition. it is collector quality. the reel has been packed with penn green grease. i also have a new 706z gold machined aluminum spool with 20lb crystal fireline. a new 706z sealed drag knob. new replacement main & roller bearings & extra set of carbon drag washers. also comes with tool, catalog, slightly used lube, & box (lid has been torn off). the whole package is $375 shipped.

will

Thanks but I was kinda looking to spend a little less

Hello:

The reel I have is a 706Z Black. I'll try to take pictures tonight. The spool is black, handle is gold. I'll try to post pictures this evening OK?

By the way I'd probably consider a trade for a seeker or similar casting rod. 7- 7 1/2 ft. I generally prefer action on the lighter side even though I use them mostly for tog.

Thanks.

Hello:

The reel I have is a 706Z Black. I'll try to take pictures tonight. The spool is black, handle is gold. I'll try to post pictures this evening OK?

By the way I'd probably consider a trade for a seeker or similar casting rod. 7- 7 1/2 ft. I generally prefer action on the lighter side even though I use them mostly for tog.

Thanks.

I'm probably gonna go with Dave S. 706. I was kinda leaning toward a greeine. But if for some reason things fall through I'll get back to you. Thanks

I'll take it for $110 thanks

Deal, it's a very fish-worthy reel. Send me your info, I can ship tomorrow along with some other packages that are going to the Post Office.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0