Pogo had indeed called it correctly—

Rate this topic

inthered

People need to pick up their stuff.

Come on be serious, some people are too far gone. I was sitting in MCD parking lot waiting for my kids one afternoon. These two fatties waddle out to their car with a big bag of burgers, fries, etc., wolf it all down, throw all the containers in the bag, roll down the window and toss the bag out into the parking lot! You can't make that **** up, some people are hopeless

There's an interesting book (Over the edge: Death in Grand Canyon) that tells the story of every person who's died in the Grand Canyon. It makes for a good read (there's a lot of stories to tell).

Falling and dying of thirst are the most common. It's a nice day, people go down there and forget it gets hotter and dryer with every step you take toward the bottom. Even prepared people die fairly frequently.

My guess is there might be more to it. You eliminate bottled water and who are they going to blame the next time some nice young person dies down there for lack of water? If I were in charge I'd be thinking about this.

Bleh.

Even China has banned plastic bags.

The trash in the park is a visable problem and much easier to clean up than the 2 million square miles of it you CAN'T see in the oceans (it's a lie according to some). Clean it up and ban all 1 use plastic. Harvesting it up from the ocean would kill many many species quickly, even complete morans know that. In the meantime we need to stop plastics from getting into the waters, let what's already out there run its course and stop feeding ocean going fish to pregnant wimmin and children.

I like EVERYONE, except for some people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF3 View Post

Even China has banned plastic bags.

The trash in the park is a visable problem and much easier to clean up than the 2 million square miles of it you CAN'T see in the oceans (it's a lie according to some). Clean it up and ban all 1 use plastic. Harvesting it up from the ocean would kill many many species quickly, even complete morans know that. In the meantime we need to stop plastics from getting into the waters, let what's already out there run its course and stop feeding ocean going fish to pregnant wimmin and children.

Explain how extracting existing plastic would be detrimental? You say leave it? Really, seriously? If it's such an issue, why would removal be bad?

You're really sending seriously mixed messages.

If Coke donates MORE than it costs for cleanup they made the right choice,

if not,

then it's a bad choice.

but littering sucks,

and people with their waterbottles are the WORST offenders right now.

people who won't otherwise litter seem to be blind to leaving their empties behind,

it makes me sick.

Disagree. See far more cigarettes, most of them burning, being tossed. The bottles may be visible, but I bet butts outnumber bottles out the window 100:1.

See you on the big one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post

Disagree. See far more cigarettes, most of them burning, being tossed. The bottles may be visible, but I bet butts outnumber bottles out the window 100:1.

you are right,

at least they are quasi biodegradable.

and by volume the water bottles are bigger.

butt you are right,

smokers don't think their butts count as litter.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish'nmagician View Post

you are right,

at least they are quasi biodegradable.

and by volume the water bottles are bigger.

butt you are right,

smokers don't think their butts count as litter.

Something to think about, as you get rolling on your new habit. icon14.gif

Ordinary ****ing people - I hate 'em.

Explain how extracting existing plastic would be detrimental? You say leave it? Really, seriously? If it's such an issue, why would removal be bad?

You're really sending seriously mixed messages.

Not that you'll understand this, but here goes.

These Gyres of plastic soup have become sanctuaries for phyto and zooplanktons and the food chains directy above them. Removing the soup would include killing the bottom of the oceans' food chain. Probably not a good idea. But we still have to deal with fish contaminated by the broken down plastics, which is found in just about every pelagic fish from the smallest to the largest.

And yes, I sell sustainable recycled plastics products because I believe it's better to reuse it than pollute. By reusing and recycling we can dramatically reduce what ends up in landfills and oceans. Technically plastics never go away, the pieces just get smaller and smaller. Basically we're stuck with what we've created, so reuse it.

I like EVERYONE, except for some people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF3 View Post

Technically plastics never go away, the pieces just get smaller and smaller. Basically we're stuck with what we've created, so reuse it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

I though platic took biliions of years to break down? Are the fish eating billion year old plastic? headscratch.gif

small pieces of plastic.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15