Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperMac

Need some Advice

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I am looking for some advice. I bought a St Croix Triump surfcaster 10'6 yesterday and looking to put a solid reel on it. My price range is under $ 200.00 bucks. I really liked the look of the Finor Offshore but was not sure which model to get, the store that I was in had very large one and looked like it was used for catching tuna and obvously way to heavy.

Give me some feedback, let me know what you guys think.

There is a lot of info on the current Fin- nors and none of it's very good.On paper they look good, but many say they are terrible with braid. The AHAB has been solid over the years with a great drag, but i haven't tested it myself.

quote name="EBHarvey" url="/t/825544/need-some-advice#post_8784907"]what line?

what are you going to be doing with it?

will it get splashed, wet, dunked, submerged for significant amounts of time?

Those questions and answers will come in time, right after it is decided on which reel balances best. You know how this works:laugh::laugh:

Thanks guys I appreciate all of the feedback, I will check out the Penn Battle when I get a chance. Also I will not be in the water so the reel will not get wet, I go off an elevated rock. I ussually use 30 pound braid, which could be a little to much.

Another decent spinning reel, one that I used, is the Shimano Spheros. The 5000-6000 sizes are worth looking into.:)

jimmy z: Would a Daiwa BG work for StriperMac?