Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Sears

Another Yankee moving to FL

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hot damm, just got a PM from Fishin LI (Zack) and he is moving to Spring hill FL which is 25 mile down the road from me,I have the boat ready to go and been looking for a crew , No Snow, Ice, Howling Winds, winter temps should be in high 60's,low 70's .

Trout season in full swing, Red Fish schooling up , Sheeps head in river and with a new Found fisherman should be a real good winter season, You all stay warm up there ,Ok you can come visit us for few days , Bring Money, I got Tackle,Spare Set of Golf Clubs.

RJ where the hell you at ,you coming back down in Jan to New Smyra Beach Al

Hot damm, just got a PM from Fishin LI (Zack) and he is moving to Spring hill FL which is 25 mile down the road from me,I have the boat ready to go and been looking for a crew , No Snow, Ice, Howling Winds, winter temps should be in high 60's,low 70's .

Trout season in full swing, Red Fish schooling up , Sheeps head in river and with a new Found fisherman should be a real good winter season, You all stay warm up there ,Ok you can come visit us for few days , Bring Money, I got Tackle,Spare Set of Golf Clubs.

RJ where the hell you at ,you coming back down in Jan to New Smyra Beach Al

man I'd love to come visit, any flats fishing down there, love sight casting to tailing reds,

Not for me, Florida is nice for a few weeks in the winter, other than that its a swamp and pressure cooker .I can't stand the couple of weeks of oppressive heat we get here in NJ in the summer, forget Florida. Good place if your a lizard or palmetto bug. Then again ,I don't think its cold until its hit 20 or below. Other than a few brutally cold days, winter weather in NJ is not like living on a frozen tundra, and the change of seasons we get is a nice change regardless of time of year. In 3 more months"Ill be looking forward to June, not so in Florida.

Hey Highlander, Glad you're happy in Jersey during the winter, I left the CT tax crazed world to spend 6 mos in 75 degree weather a no rain or snow. Fishing as many days as you want for a whole new world of multiple species of fish.

I'd sure hate to have too many people get the idea of coming down to crowd up the roads anymore. We in the SW of FL love winter here. Everybody has there own tune to dance to. I'll be watcching the weather forecast of NE and smile. JP

Not for me, Florida is nice for a few weeks in the winter, other than that its a swamp and pressure cooker .I can't stand the couple of weeks of oppressive heat we get here in NJ in the summer, forget Florida. Good place if your a lizard or palmetto bug. Then again ,I don't think its cold until its hit 20 or below. Other than a few brutally cold days, winter weather in NJ is not like living on a frozen tundra, and the change of seasons we get is a nice change regardless of time of year. In 3 more months"Ill be looking forward to June, not so in Florida.

I think the cold has messed up your head Phil. Better get checked up. :D

It is unseasonably warn here in the keys this fall. We have been hitting the eighties daily. This is the quite time of the year. We will fly north to see snow and do the holidays in Dec. and come back as soon as possible in Jan (4th). Then we stav till it is hot and sticky, were north for Memorial Day last year.

Peace

Agreed,Went down a couple of years ago looking to relocate this was in June.Our trip was to last 6 days visiting real estates looking at homes.After 2 days in the June heat my wife says"Get me the Hell out of here NOW!!!!!! left the next morning.Although I wish anyone moving anywhere the BEST OF LUCK and HAPPINESS.:):):):):)

Hey Guys/ Gals the reason it is hotter in Fl than any where else in USA when temp & humidity are the same, is because FL is closer to the Equator Further South isnt it , How about that.

One must have LA & GA mixed up with Fl in regards to swamps, along with VA and their Dismal Swamp, they drained the swamps here and that is why we have Gators in ponds on golf course, Gators favorite dinner is a small Poddle , Fifi or Fido

I cant handle crowds or heavy traffic lived here almost 20 years never been to Disney, Epoctt,MGM or any other parks as i am not going to fight crowds and pay to get robbed (Entry Fee),Our little Village is approx 3000 people, no rush hour as not many work as 65% of entire county retired ,bugs, gecko's no different than roach,spider,nasty grass hoppers found in Northern areas

Fresh water fish in morning and salt water flats fishing in after noon (same tackle) ,Flats fishing is great sneaking up on snook, or casting near tailing reds with out spooking entire group.Move out little further off shore for Cobia, Grouper, King fish.

I enjoy Fl year round No Doubt the cost of living contributes to enjoyment of living in Fl.