Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richs

Thoughts on Sabiki rigs

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

If there is bait around and the fish are biting on lures. no need to collec bait. If you see lots of bait and no fish biting, it would be a good time to try to collect some with a sabiki rig. If you don't explicitly see bait, but suspect it's around, it's a touch call whether to waste time trying to collect it. I've caught stripers in sabiki droppers and herring on spoons used as casting weights. :confused: By the way, a 7"+ sand eel will hit a sabiki rig. ;)

I tried a sabiki rig yesterday in NoMoCo. There were a bunch of herring and/or shad flopping aroud just barely within casting range but could get a bite. I might have been using in wrong. Does anyone know proper sabiki technique in the surf?

I tried a sabiki rig yesterday in NoMoCo. There were a bunch of herring and/or shad flopping aroud just barely within casting range but could get a bite. I might have been using in wrong. Does anyone know proper sabiki technique in the surf?

Just cast and jig it back in to you, I use anything from 1/4oz-1oz on the end to try and put it at the depth I think the fish are at hope this helps

Tobias