Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Brothers of the bivalve

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Nice bob.....I cannot decide which I like better fresh oysters on the the half shell or fresh quahogs on the half shell........With a little cocktail sauce and horseradish they are both bloody good!!..........

I still have almost 2/3 of the peck I dug last Saturday. Chowder tomorrow. :th:

Tomorrow might be an oyster morning, but we don't need a full peck. We kind of OD'd on oysters last year. Just enough for oysters Rockefeller on Turkey Day, and some for deep frying. I know which bivalve I prefer raw, on the half shell, and it's not the oyster. I'll take a fresh cherrystone any day over an oyster.

I fact, I hear a half dozen calling my name right now. :drool:

A buddy sent me this pic.....sea scalloping south of the islands is good right now.......these guys have a few hours of sh ucking ahead of them............

A buddy sent me this pic.....sea scalloping south of the islands is good right now.......these guys have a few hours of sh ucking ahead of them............

Couple zones were opened not too long ago.

Bank.

Cha ching! good for them.

hey Bob, ask Ron when he's going to take you to the secret steamer spots in Sandwich!

He's invited me, it's already been discussed at length, and the wheels are in motion.;) I'm buying a Barnstable non resident shellfish license in March of 2012.