Point Jude Sand eel experiences?

Rate this topic

jjdbike

So last week I threw several diferent metals including T-Hex, Deadly Dicks, Point Jude Sand Eel, and some of those painted sand eel looking bent jigs. Only caught on T-Hex. I know many caught on AVA's. I had such high hopes in the Point Jude Sand Eel. I mean the 1 1/4 one piece one not the jointed. I kept thinking I had bites. Twice I actually thought I had one on. NOT! It turns out that it was digging in to the sand bar. I suppose I may have been reeling it to slowly or perhaps the current / bar configuration? It happened two different locations. Even though I have heard such great things about Point Jude lures I'm not sure that this one is so great, at least from the sand where I fish. Either that or I'm fishing it way wrong.

Any one here catch w/ it? If so, how did you use it?

Thanks!

JD

Two years ago where I usually fish, the Point Jude was the "can't miss" lure; it was almost a guarantee. Last year, it still worked but not any better than AVAs or Deadly Dicks and this year, it's been so-so for me...go figure

the only thing I knew how to do was keep on keepin' on

Two years ago where I usually fish, the Point Jude was the "can't miss" lure; it was almost a guarantee. Last year, it still worked but not any better than AVAs or Deadly Dicks and this year, it's been so-so for me...go figure

you know the old saying "thats why they call it fishing not catching"

Bass on sand eels , I remember it well, seems like it was only last year! We had that here for 2 seasons and now you have them in NJ, good for you all. Caught the hell out of them on the Point Jude po-jee, the long skinng one, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 oz depending on the wind, not so well on the sand eel one and NONE on the flexible snake looking one. Did well fishing a home made teaser above any hunk of metal. Also replaced the tube on the AVA jigs with the same home tied teaser, much better casting distance and look as the teaser has some flash in it. Enjoy the bite!

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII