Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodwker99

704 manual pick up.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I think I had seen here a 704 reel that someone had put a VS pickup arm and bearings on. anyone have any idea where I can get these parts? the VS site as well as the zebco site doesn't price these parts out.

The reason I am thinking of doing this to my 704 is that I keep getting the line wrapped around the pickup arm when ever I turn the handle to pick up the line after a cast. This has snapped line as well as rubbed the braid where it has become an issue. any fixes? what am I doing wrong? I catch the line on my casting finger at the end of the cast and turn the handle. This is how I do it on other reels without it wrapping the pick up arm. Help?!

Ok am I crazy? I could swear that someone posted a picture of their 704 with a VS pickup arm and roller on it. the reel was painted blue. anyone have a clue as to the reel I'm referring to? I just want to know how the VS parts were ordered as I am hitting a brick wall finding them.

Try a 706 rotor?

there ya go .

in lieu of that custom application try a 706z rotor .

the line roller may not be as good as the VS but the the process of putting the line on the roller is probably more "friendly" .

it would definitely be better than the 704 application .

Sorry slick that wasn't it.

Bow that one is the arm I'm looking for. but the pics in the link weren't the ones I had seen before.

Now does anyone know a source for the VS arms???