Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hookinfinger

Finding Someone, Anyone Ever Hired A Private Detective

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I have feeling of whats coming but I will stand by. :)

Any of the good old TV private eyes would be great but their all dead.

I am bound and determined to find someone. I have given it a great shot for that last few months on my own but I am getting sick of no results. (Internet, phone work).

I have come to the conclusion I am doing it wrong AND don't know enough about it.

I am thinking of hiring a PRO to track someone down.

Nothing sinister but I need to speak with this person.

Anyone tried a private detective before and if so did you get results ?

Dennis:)

Worked for PI agency for 7 years. There are good PI's and MANY, MANY bad ones.

Talk to several in your area. Get references AND CALL THEM. Learn of their successes. If you sense sleeze.......GET OUT immediately. Your instinct is probably accurate and you will waste lots of money. Guys with local and federal investigation experience have always been the more reliable sort. Lots of players in the industry pretending to be Magnum PI...but are incompetent fools.

Buyer beware in this industry. Do your homework. A really good PI will find what you are looking for pretty quickly if you have enough information to share.

Good luck. :th:

Worked for PI agency for 7 years. There are good PI's and MANY, MANY bad ones.

Talk to several in your area. Get references AND CALL THEM. Learn of their successes. If you sense sleeze.......GET OUT immediately. Your instinct is probably accurate and you will waste lots of money. Guys with local and federal investigation experience have always been the more reliable sort. Lots of players in the industry pretending to be Magnum PI...but are incompetent fools.

Buyer beware in this industry. Do your homework. A really good PI will find what you are looking for pretty quickly if you have enough information to share.

Good luck. :th:

Thanks for the insight and information !

PS: I was thinking that a good Idea would be to go to a major collection agency here in town and hire (on the side) their top dog to do the work.

Dennis:)

Lots of info on the net. Scary actually. Unless they are hiding I bet you could find them with a little more surfing.

People search, white pages etc.

I have tried a lot of that.

There seems to be a million of them out there promising results. No luck, no results.

They hustle you is the way I see it.

Dennis

IF this is over something like a debt owed you couldn't you file a claim and have the court locate them ?

If you are just trying to locate an old aquaintance or something of that nature then a PI might work. If on the other hand the person is intentionally avoiding you, that's a dfiferent issue and depending on what you are trying to accomplish will tell you whether the expense of a PI is worth it.. They might be able to find a location, but what then ?