Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metaliczombi

Shimano TranX Reel

32 posts in this topic

Holy Smokes!!!! Looks awesome.... Sure hope they make a lefty or l'll be bummed. Not sure why they'd build it with a disengaging levelwind though. That is my only gripe with the Curado 300. That reel looks super powerful and fast, and i like the white "trini' style" handle knob. Should be awesome!

Can't wait to find out more info on these.

Woah, thanks for sharing. I guess that's the new Shimano for 2012, pretty damn cool. Awesome muskie action at the end too, looks like a killer muskie reel for big blades.

Have any estimate on price? Although, to me, the reel looks huge in the video....it looks much taller than a Revo.

I also heard/saw rumors of a $500 price tag.  Supposed to be Shimanos answer to the Revo-Toro.  I own the Shimano Curado 300 and my father owns the Revo-Toro.  No question that the Toro has bigger gears and more pull power.  Makes those double 10's seem like a half ounce spinner bait.  I think they are going to have a demo for the TranX at the Muskie show over in Chicago this weekend.

here are the details

Shimano TranX reels have a revolutionary design and shape that provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel. Shimano TranX is offered in high gear (HG) and power gear (PG) models to cover a wide range of applications.

X-Ship provides an extra smooth retrieve with superior durability.

HEG - a larger drive gear and pinion gear increase cranking efficiency.

SF - Superfree Bearing supported Pinion Gear eliminates friction with spool shaft for better freespool.

E.I. Surface treatment on the spool protects against corrosion from saltwater soaked braided line.

S A-RB coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater use.

Super Stopper eliminates handle back play.

VBS Brake System effectively reacts to spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force at all times during cast.

Dartainium II Drag Washer provides incredibly smooth drag performance with durability.

Ergonomic Power Handle for better leverage

Price $499.99 USD

Mono: 30/160

40/120

50/100

PP: 50/420

65/270

80/210

Hollow Ace: 40/350

60/275

80/260

it weighs 20oz and has 25lbs of drag and comes in two models