Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddieg710

Pen Turning Trade

14 posts in this topic

I'd like to try making a pen or two for a Christmas present to my Father. Other than a lathe & chisels, I dont have any equiptment for making a pen. Please let me know if you could help me out by either working together or pen turning tools. I can offer plugs, reels, rods, braid etc. :)

Thanks in advance!!

I'd like to try making a pen or two for a Christmas present to my Father. Other than a lathe & chisels, I dont have any equiptment for making a pen. Please let me know if you could help me out by either working together or pen turning tools. I can offer plugs, reels, rods, braid etc. :)

Thanks in advance!!

eddie, maybe I can help you out, I'll give you a shout later on tonight, :)

I dont have any supplies to give you but if you google penn state industries you will find a lot of information and parts. This is what I use for school. hope it helps.

I dont have any supplies to give you but if you google penn state industries you will find a lot of information and parts. This is what I use for school. hope it helps.

Thank you, Smulax! I ordered the 'Penn Turning DVD - Basics' from PSI last week.

I have a complete package with the blanks, cartridges, and all the finish rings etc if that is what you are looking for.... Will dig it out in a little bit.

That would be great! Thank you!

Heres what I have;

Six blanks, not drilled. Looks to be two maple(?), two walnut, and two cherry(?) 5/8 x 5/8 x 5 1/4 NIP

Two Jet Gold Series Pen and Pencil kits with tips, barrels, rings caps, clips, mechanisms, refills and instructions.NIP Enough for six pens total.

Jet 7mm drill bit NIP

Jet Pen Mandrel NIP #709014

All yours if this is what you need to get going. Interested in the PP 50# depth hunter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0