Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish'nmagician

Getting old sucks.......

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

While I am still fairly current with today's pop culture and what little quality music of note is coming out,

I am increasingly hit over the head about the stuff I know that younger co-workers don't

most recently it happened in a discussion where someone was upset that "Frank O'Harra" was coming out in defense of Paterno.

My first thought was to ridicule him as an idiot,

but when I corrected him on the name,

it still didn't register,

when I asked others in their 20s I got equally blank stares.

suddenly the Imaculate reception is a sign of age.

harumpfff.

While I am still fairly current with today's pop culture and what little quality music of note is coming out,

I am increasingly hit over the head about the stuff I know that younger co-workers don't

most recently it happened in a discussion where someone was upset that "Frank O'Harra" was coming out in defense of Paterno.

harumpfff.

dont worry i work with a young lady who thinks boston is in chicago :scared::huh:

harumpfff.

I wonder if Lydell Mitchell defends him as well? Franko and him have a buisness together. ;)

None of the songs Joan Baez - a renowned activist to us old farts - sang at Occupy Wall Street resonated with many young folk there.

I embarrassed myself the other day when I somehow used the word "album" while talking to my friend's 14yr old daughter - she gave me that "MAAAAAN, are you old!" face I'm sure many of you have already seen.

Yep, it does have a great deal of suckage to it I :(

Got a young....yippy skippy know it all at work. Pretty up to "date", understands the last 8 to 10 years of his "day". Ask him to most obvious question about American culture in general before or contributing to his "day" And it's the deer in the headlights look. He's a pretty good kid, so now when I bring something up about....rolling stones, muddy waters, frank zappa, the big bopper, presley, the depression, kennedy, watergate, GETTYSBURG !!!!!....he lives hear and barely has a clue about GETTYSBURG ????. I "you tube" him......right before he goes for my coffee, dinner, and paper. In general it's quite disappointing.

Don't worry about getting old with time, your good looks improve with age ;)243

How can anyone forget the Beatles doesn't Ringo Starr rule Iran

harumpfff.

You're not getting older...you're getting better. :)