Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Foggycoast

11/17 out on the beach for Dungys

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I was eager to go for some crabs again. Went back to the same location and the condition was just perfect. A little chill in the air, but other than that it was fine. For the first hour, it was nothing, no takers. Saw a fellow snarer next to me brought up several keepers and me nada. Waited for the switch of the tides, Action started with a double on the first pull and it continue on with more doubles and singles, however it was all SHORTS. I must have pulled up at least 15 shorts and by this time I was out of breath and I was tired. I was going to pack up and leave. Somehow my bubby shows up, so I ended up staying for the entire day. The action was better in the latter part of the day. My bubby ended up with 5 good size keepers (all 6 inch or bigger and one 7 ½). And for me I had two, one was 7 ½ and the other was 6 ½. Oh ya, and a special guest (sandsole) who would ever guess. Right! Good Day.:D[img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2493155/width/600/height/450][img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2493157/width/600/height/450]

yeah Moocks, I went and bought a Penn Battle 6000 and put 50lb braid on it, then I slapped it on a 12ft Daiwa Beef Stick that I bought new for $27. Works perfect!

It does ok, They are not that far that you need to launch 100 yards...lol

I could use a more parabolic rod that can handle 6-8oz but its not needed, its crab...lol I didn't want to spend a fortune. Just make sure your Reel can handle a heavy load 100% non stop reeling in with a load.

Good info. makes sense. I've had some decent luck off of a couple different man-made structures this season, but never tried from the beach.

Thanks for the help.