Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pakalolo

John Skinner"s New Book!!!

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Got my copy of John's new book two days ago and all I can say is GET IT! Once again his engaging style of writing and in depth knowledge of the subject make for an entertaining and educational read. No matter how long you've been fishing this book offers up some new takes on the tried and true bucktail. Cngratulations on another book that's destined to be a classic.

What's the title of his new book? Where did you get it?

I love his other book" A Season on the Edge" As you said, it was entertaining and still got to learn alot thru his fishing adventure. Thanks for the heads up.

Got my copy of John's new book two days ago and all I can say is GET IT! Once again his engaging style of writing and in depth knowledge of the subject make for an entertaining and educational read. No matter how long you've been fishing this book offers up some new takes on the tried and true bucktail. Cngratulations on another book that's destined to be a classic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ditto

Yup. He tells you all you need to know on one page, but then fills the rest of the book with what you want to know. Gifted writer and master fisherman. How lucky are we?! :th:

What's the title of the book? and where is it available?

Thanks,

After reading "Season On The Edge" I definitely added some very heavy bucktails to my arsenal.

Pete

Skinner is right up there with Daignault in his ability to interweave solid technical data within very interesting prose. It makes for an effortless and enjoyable read. "Season on the Edge" made me want to go fishing every time I read it (read the whole thing twice, some chapters more than twice). Just got my signed copy of "Fishing The Bucktail" a few days ago, planning on reading it in earnest when I finally hang it up for the season.

It's called "Fishing the Bucktail"

(*edited - please don't promote other sites here - thanks. TimS)

Ahhh even the Infamous Leatherface gets smacked by the Boss :D. Its ok Bob i know you won't do it again hahahah;)

Ahhh even the Infamous Leatherface gets smacked by the Boss :D. Its ok Bob i know you won't do it again hahahah;)

LOL.. I didn't think it was an issue since I didn't post a link. oh well.. Live and learn. :wave:

Just finished this book, it was a great read. Liked it better than Doc Mullers bucktail book. If anyone wants to borrow it I'll send it out to you.... Interesting, easy reading....

Got my signed copy of it early, gonna have to wait a little bit to start reading it though since I am currently in the middle of reading 3 other books haha. Everytime I get a new book, doesnt matter if im already reading another one, I start reading it right away. Im gonna be a little patient this time and wait till im finished reading the art of surfcasting with lures, utimate guide to surf fishing and fishing the bucktail by doc. Im sure this book is gonna be a good one, "Season on the Edge" is probably my favorite book ive ever read.

Got my signed copy of it early, gonna have to wait a little bit to start reading it though since I am currently in the middle of reading 3 other books haha. Everytime I get a new book, doesnt matter if im already reading another one, I start reading it right away. Im gonna be a little patient this time and wait till im finished reading the art of surfcasting with lures, utimate guide to surf fishing and fishing the bucktail by doc. Im sure this book is gonna be a good one, "Season on the Edge" is probably my favorite book ive ever read.

Slow down and take your time its a long winter ;)