Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sefmonster

Need advice on lures for Sea Bass from a NY'er.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

My brother just got married to a girl from Huntington Beach and her father is a huge fisherman. I'm a huge fisherman from NY from the surf to offshore. Since I have a ton of gear I wanted to send him some lures that he could use for fishinging that area. She told me he loves to fish for Sea Bass but she was unsure of what other fish. Can any of you guys give me advice on what some of the better lures to send him I know he has his own boat but not big like 18-20ft and don't think he really fishes that far offshore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...John

A mess of Tady irons both surface and heavy. Scrambled egg, blue/white, green/white, all white and chrome and blue. He will love you for em.

what he said. Tady's are great for White Sea Bass and Yellowtail.

The whole idea is that I want to suprise him! I can't ask his wife since she has no clue about fishing. I have such a supply of lures that I wanted to give him some of mine. Thanks...John

not sure if the lures you use on the east coast would work as well on the socal waters. I am sure a pencil popper would work for yellow tails "if" you find a school but then you have to worry about the seagulls attacking it also.....thats why they use Tady's as a "topwater" lure because you can work it right below the surface.