Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass Ackwards

Car Stereo Help Needed

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I know Big Biscut just posted this, I have different requirements and didn't want to steal his thread. My car radio stopped working about 10 months ago and listening to myself think while driving is getting to me. Being that it's my birthday at the end of the month, my son and DIL wanted to know what I wanted. A radio installed I said. So now what do I get?

I don't want anything fancy as I am high tone deaf and it would be useless to me. It's going into my 2004 Subaru Outback, just want a radio that has buttons for changing channels, FM stereo, and won't break down or cost a fortune. Any suggestions on radios and where to get it installed in the Norwhich area of Connecticut. Thanks in advance.

crutchfield also sells "install cards" and should have shops in your area to do it if you get it from them

best way is to use their site for a little info, go to someplace local and most will have the same price these days

(that's if you aren't installing yourself)

Get in touch with a member here named audio1fx he does car electronics for a living and is tops....

I was hoping audio1fx would see this thread.

Years ago I would have installed it myself, can no longer do that. Now I need to have someone di it.

Get in touch with a member here named audio1fx he does car electronics for a living and is tops....

I was hoping audio1fx would see this thread.

Years ago I would have installed it myself, can no longer do that. Now I need to have someone di it.

I know what you mean brother, you know have to be a contortionist and have to have a degree in engineering to even look at a dashboard now. I'll let him know about the thread.

I know what you mean brother, you know have to be a contortionist and have to have a degree in engineering to even look at a dashboard now. I'll let him know about the thread.

No need to, I PM'd him. Thanks anyways. :th:

No need to, I PM'd him. Thanks anyways. :th:

No problem, he did a remote start for me(saved me around 150.00) he did it in an hour, never knew he was in my truck. He's gonna do a stereo next.

bass, a bullit proof simple radio would be a sony cdxgt550ui "$129.97 - free install- dash kit depends on if you have a what we call a double din size radio or do you have a approx 7" x 2" radio w/ a pockect ? if it is the 2nd than you only need a harness "about $15" if it is the double then add another $15 for a pocket piece. I can set you up with a install shop closest to you or my shop is right over the whitestone bridge. we have a few in conn. let me know which radio you have.

" just to be clear to the powers that be" I am only helping out fellow members here get a proper job done get the right equiptment for their needs and save a few $. I have been doing auto radio/security for 21 years prof.

bass, a bullit proof simple radio would be a sony cdxgt550ui "$129.97 - free install- dash kit depends on if you have a what we call a double din size radio or do you have a approx 7" x 2" radio w/ a pockect ? if it is the 2nd than you only need a harness "about $15" if it is the double then add another $15 for a pocket piece. I can set you up with a install shop closest to you or my shop is right over the whitestone bridge. we have a few in conn. let me know which radio you have.

" just to be clear to the powers that be" I am only helping out fellow members here get a proper job done get the right equiptment for their needs and save a few $. I have been doing auto radio/security for 21 years prof.

You are doing a nice thing.

crutfield is ok for the do it youselfer? but for 21 years i have almost always been able to match their price w/installation soo why would you not leave it up to a prooffesional? they do offer some real good pricing on their closeout stuff "which is dealer cost pricing" I was self employed from 93-2009 runing two stores on l i. till 2001 then went to a mobile service bussiness tll 09' pretty much hung up the self employed belt. and then went to this big co. best move i ever made! being your own boss sucks :)

me/be are tougher to take apart "which is why you pay $40-100 grand for them new" what year / make /model? and which speakers do you want to replace?

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any shops in the Norwich, Ct. area? Your shop is a 4 to 6 hour round trip drive, just too far.