Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

ever shoot a hog?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

I just haven't the motivation to do it since, by all accounts, they're not very good eating. Like bat guano said, the small ones are supposed to be the best, but the best don't seem to be all that good. If I had some rummaging around the local woods I'd try taking one anyway, but I'm sure not going on a paid hunt to kill critters that aren't really worth the trouble to butcher because they're lousy table fare.

Shot quite a few in my younger days, .22 shot right between the eyes from about 3", tie their hind feet together and into a vat of boiling water Shaving the hair off was a pia but ohhhhhhhh the keilbasa, bacon chops and roasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just haven't the motivation to do it since, by all accounts, they're not very good eating. Like bat guano said, the small ones are supposed to be the best, but the best don't seem to be all that good. If I had some rummaging around the local woods I'd try taking one anyway, but I'm sure not going on a paid hunt to kill critters that aren't really worth the trouble to butcher because they're lousy table fare.

From what I've heard they are excellent eating.