Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bass Ackwards

McDonalds Rant

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Stopped at a McDonalds Restaurant on my way to a doctors appointment this morning. This one was on I-95, all I wanted was something to drink. Went through the drivethrough and right past the microphone. No big deal, it was dead, no one in front or in back so I just drove to the window. Women comes to the window and politely says "you're supposed to stop at the microphone". Told her I was day dreaming and didn't see it, apologized, then ordered a small orange juice. She brings it over and say's "$1.95 please, at least that's what I thought she said, so I handed her 2 dollars thinking that's a lot of money. She immediately says "that's $2.95". Three bucks for a small OJ is prepostorous I say, hand her back the OJ, take my money back and leave. :mad: For a fast food restaurant to charge 3 bucks for 8 oz of OJ is highway robbery. :mad::mad: EFF their McRibs too.

I went to one on the Post Road at lunch time... The drive in line was long so I went inside. Got in a line and finally made it up to the cash register. Waited. waited. waited. No service. waited. Asked the guy at the other register if this one was open. He averted his eyes. I moved closer and asked if anyone was going to be taking orders at that register. He looked down and gave an imperceptible negative headhsake and looked away again. I asked the manager who pretended he couldn't hear. Then I walked around the long line building up at the othe register right back out the door and down the street to Jake's Wayback Burger and had a much better lunch. They make the stuff to order and I still got faster service. McDonalds can kiss my ass. I may never eat at one again. The service just keeps getting worse and worse. The food keeps geting worse and worse and the prices keep getting worse and worse. Screw 'em.

Stopped at one on 95 on my way south, we just wanted a quik meal on the way to NC, 3 cheeseburgers and a medium fy to share cost $9.96....:shock:

Up here in Northeast Ct cheeseburgers are a buck......:mad:.

They certainly do have a license to steal, must be the rent they pay to Ct....LOL

arent the ones on the highway something like double the cost..

A little more money is understandable as the overhead on the highway is higher, I just refuse to take out a mortgage for an 8 oz juice. :mad:

A little more money is understandable as the overhead on the highway is higher, I just refuse to take out a mortgage for an 8 oz juice. :mad:

oh, i wasnt disagreeing with you at all..just been so long since I have been to one on the highway, I didnt really remember..isnt CT the only state (aroun d here anyway) that has them on the highway?

oh, i wasnt disagreeing with you at all..just been so long since I have been to one on the highway, I didnt really remember..isnt CT the only state (aroun d here anyway) that has them on the highway?

There's plenty of them at the rest stop areas on major toll roads - In Illinois their buildings span the interstate overhead so that they can serve traffic in both directions.