Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koofy Smacker

Teaser Hooks

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

What hooks do you guys use for teasers? Im looking to put on a 5 inch tsunami sand eel holographic and try it out, and not sure which hook to try out. Open to any options

What hooks do you guys use for teasers? Im looking to put on a 5 inch tsunami sand eel holographic and try it out, and not sure which hook to try out. Open to any options

are you using the tsunami as the teaser or the main offering. If your going with a small teaser don't scrimp. I always looked past all the guys talking about straightened hooks and blew it off till i got ripped last fall. I like the mustad tarpon series saltwater hooks 2/0 for sw fly teasers. Side note I always use the highest quality sw flies for teasers and not just a tuft of buck tail.

are you using the tsunami as the teaser or the main offering. If your going with a small teaser don't scrimp. I always looked past all the guys talking about straightened hooks and blew it off till i got ripped last fall. I like the mustad tarpon series saltwater hooks 2/0 for sw fly teasers. Side note I always use the highest quality sw flies for teasers and not just a tuft of buck tail.

I was planning on using it as a teaser. My main offering was going to be an a17 or a27 depending on conditions. The tsunamis dont weigh anything at all, although the most they will put up is wind resistance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil stevel View Post

I use mustad 4/0 34007 stainless stteel hook ...love them !!

In the spring size 1/0 - 3/0 (if I use a teaser)

In the fall 3/0 - 5/0

Mostly 4's and 5's in front of a plug or metal in the fall. smile.gif

Whatever hook you go with I would wrap some thread around the shank and throw some nail polish on it to provide a rougher surface to hold the teaser in place on the hook better. After a fish or two it may start sliding down the shank when you cast and just spin through the water

Whatever hook you go with I would wrap some thread around the shank and throw some nail polish on it to provide a rougher surface to hold the teaser in place on the hook better. After a fish or two it may start sliding down the shank when you cast and just spin through the water

if that starts happening I dont really care anymore :) thats high hopes to think im gonna get into a lot of fish