Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie G

Thru Wire Bending Tool

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I am wondering if anyone has made a home made thru wire bending tool to bend the front loops in welding wire to use on their plugs ??

I am making different size plugs lately and am wasting alot of the standard 11in and 15in thru wire sold prebent. So I was wondering if any builders here have made a home made wire bending jig to bend stainless steel wire to use on their plugs. If you have would you have some pictures you can post so I might get an idea or two before I forge ahead and maybe screw up a few on my own :confused:

I'm thinking if I can bend my own tie loops in my thru wires I could buy some welding wire and make my own thru wires and save a few bucks.

I have seen some commercial jig making tools to bend wire but they run over 100 bucks and was just wondering if anyone has made their own. Thanks for any ideas.

I am wondering if anyone has made a home made thru wire bending tool to bend the front loops in welding wire to use on their plugs ??

I am making different size plugs lately and am wasting alot of the standard 11in and 15in thru wire sold prebent. So I was wondering if any builders here have made a home made wire bending jig to bend stainless steel wire to use on their plugs. If you have would you have some pictures you can post so I might get an idea or two before I forge ahead and maybe screw up a few on my own :confused:

I'm thinking if I can bend my own tie loops in my thru wires I could buy some welding wire and make my own thru wires and save a few bucks.

I have seen some commercial jig making tools to bend wire but they run over 100 bucks and was just wondering if anyone has made their own. Thanks for any ideas.

I have a nose loop bender that was made by eastendlou. It works good. Search nose loop thee were a bunch of threads that discussed it.

Thanks Bill. I did a search and found posts on doing it with nials put in wood and bending around them but wondered if any one has made and could post pix of a home made bending jig they have made.

I'll search more tomorrow again.

Charlie it's easy to do with your round jaw pliers. Takes like 10 seconds. Stop by and I'll run you through it. Striperknight, I have that same little gadget and for the life of me I could not get it to work. I should say I could not figure it out. I tried every configuration and felt like an absolute fool trying to figure it out. Could you please put up some kind of step by step so I can make one loop with it and feel like I beat it then give it to someone so it never has to be in my possession again :o. This thing made me want to beat it with a hammer. I know it's me and there is probably a real easy way to use it but it almost drove me mad.