Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris n7

st croix warranty question

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

alright...was out this AM and had my 9' st croix mojo tossing an ava to some bass breaking. as I go to cast...the rod loads and snap. broke down by the 70/30 break.

i bought the rod off a fellow SOL member and I believe he said he never registered the rod. Reading the serial number it was made in december 2009 so its within 5 years but i went to try and register it and found it had to be done within 30 days. so does this mean i cant get the silver star warranty...i have to do the gold star warranty?

other questions...any chance they would let me change from the 9' to the 10'6" if i added the extra $40 to the bill....kind of like the upgrade program?

im pissed. I take great care of my rods and for the thing to snap loading an A17 is pathetic. I can understand if it was over its rated 4oz...which I never have even come close to. heaviest plug I ever threw was just under 3oz....

im 19...its over an hour drive to the beach for me and I dont get many shots at stripers...to have bass blowing up 50yds in front of me with a rod snapped in half was like a kick in the ass.

let me know what you think..

Every time I sent a St. Croix in for service, except for the first time, they charged me $50 to replace it with their no questions asked deal, even though I didn't think every failure was my fault. Chances are pretty good they'll charge you $50 too, instead of the lower amount (I think it's $20 or $30).

Then again, they may have just smartened up when I started sending them in 2 at a time :p

Every time I sent a St. Croix in for service, except for the first time, they charged me $50 to replace it with their no questions asked deal, even though I didn't think every failure was my fault. Chances are pretty good they'll charge you $50 too, instead of the lower amount (I think it's $20 or $30).

Then again, they may have just smartened up when I started sending them in 2 at a time :p

Oh god, you have broken more croix rods than anybody, just by looking at them they tremble.:scared::scared: ;):th:

alright...was out this AM and had my 9' st croix mojo tossing an ava to some bass breaking. as I go to cast...the rod loads and snap. broke down by the 70/30 break.

i bought the rod off a fellow SOL member and I believe he said he never registered the rod. Reading the serial number it was made in december 2009 so its within 5 years but i went to try and register it and found it had to be done within 30 days. so does this mean i cant get the silver star warranty...i have to do the gold star warranty?

other questions...any chance they would let me change from the 9' to the 10'6" if i added the extra $40 to the bill....kind of like the upgrade program?

im pissed. I take great care of my rods and for the thing to snap loading an A17 is pathetic. I can understand if it was over its rated 4oz...which I never have even come close to. heaviest plug I ever threw was just under 3oz....

im 19...its over an hour drive to the beach for me and I dont get many shots at stripers...to have bass blowing up 50yds in front of me with a rod snapped in half was like a kick in the ass.

Thats unfortunate, but these things do happen and it baffles the best of them. I would contact Dan in the service dept ext 139 and explain your scenario before sending it in.

Where you located?

Go to the Croix website, then click on the "Shop" tab, then the "Warranty Returns" tab. Print out a $10 shipping return label and call them to tell what happened. They most likely won't charge you a $20 return postage if it broke on a cast in the spot you mentioned.

As far as the structural integrity of the Mojo line I can assure you it is a sound product. I'm in a somewhat perquisite position to make that statement.

BTW, which 9' do you have? 3/4-4 or the 1-4?

im just outside of philadelphia. i have the 3/4-4. i love the rod...just cant believe what happened. i am going to call tomorrow and explain my situation...then see what they can do.

the guys i have dealt with directly through St Croix literally treat you like a friend, and theres nothing more to ask through a company like that. Explain your situation, and dont sound like your trying to get anything out of it. Just say what can I do to get it fixed and they will be more than willing to help you. I love my mojo btw :D

Good luck with it, Im sure it will all go well.

what do you guys think about them in return sending me a 10'6'' MOJO instead of the 9' I have. had to buy a new rod today to get me through the day...dont really need a 9' now lol. and was going to get a new rod in the 10'6'' range. add the $40 in i dont see why they couldnt?

im more than willing to bet that they wont do it. I forget the reasons why but others have posted about things like that and they dont do it. Maybe to prevent people from intentionally breaking their rods and trading to one they want? Thats all I can think of

Oh god, you have broken more croix rods than anybody, just by looking at them they tremble.:scared::scared: ;):th:

I've broken more St. Croix rods than most people break any of their rods. I've gotten quite good at it :th:

I actually didn't break any SC rods this year, only 2 Daiwa trout rods. However, one lasted about 18 hours, and that's a record for me :D

I've broken more St. Croix rods than most people break any of their rods. I've gotten quite good at it :th:

I actually didn't break any SC rods this year, only 2 Daiwa trout rods. However, one lasted about 18 hours, and that's a record for me :D

I'm sure you've had one fail since yesterday, your definitely due.:dismay::dismay:

what do you guys think about them in return sending me a 10'6'' MOJO instead of the 9' I have. had to buy a new rod today to get me through the day...dont really need a 9' now lol. and was going to get a new rod in the 10'6'' range. add the $40 in i dont see why they couldnt?

Their programs are clearly laid out, and they are very unlikely to differentiate from how they have been running things. They already offer some incredibly generous program. They have great CS, if they can't please somebody then i would bet the person is very very difficult and unreasonable.,

Nope, don't think so.

I think you'll have to send in the rod with a check for 50$ and they'll repair or replace it under the Gold Star program.

I sent in a Mojo this summer, it was still under warranty but the damage was my fault so I used the Gold Star program and they fixed it good as new.

While they had it, they called and asked if I was interested in trading up to a Legend using the Trade up program which I thought was good of them.

I declined, but the way it would have worked was, now that the rod was repaired it was eligible for the Trade up like any other rod.

It would have cost me the 50$ for repairs, plus the difference in price between the rods and the depreciation of my rod....10 bucks a year I think.

St Croix seems to take very good care of it's customers. They give you a way out that doesn't hurt to much no matter what happens to your rod....but I think your asking a bit much.

You want them to take a broken rod...that's not even under warranty because your not the original owner, and trade it for a different rod in the same line for just the difference in price.:squid:

I'd pay the 50$....get yourself a brand new rod and be happy they have the Gold Star program.