Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

Sears sucks.

Rate this topic

150 posts in this topic

So get this, I send wifey to get an HDMI cable for the PS3 to the TV. She comes home with one that cost $20.00. Oh nay nay I say, I know they only should cost a couple of bucks. I learned it on SOL. Bring it back and get one on the cheap. She checks around at the various stores and they are all $20.00 or more.

So I start checking. Home Depot has a 12 footer for 8 and change, but out of stock. They also have a 6 footer for $14, and then all sorts of other more expensive options. Lowes pretty much the same thing. Oh nay nay, this won't due.

With my resolve firmly established I go to Sears. It's on the way home and why not I figure, they have TV's and stuff, probably have cables. So low and behold i find one on the shelf, 6 foot, but no price, so I track down the guy to check. He's in a geek conversation with the girl in the TV area, and after a big sigh he stomps over the register, checks price, and proceeds to tell me its on clearance for 6 bucks, but because its probably the worst one in the store, and goes into the whole geek explanation about gold plated tips and that the package doesn't list the speed so its probably slow and how much better his $35 monster cable is. I think he got insulted when I scoffed at him and told him I'd take the 6 buck elcheapo version and suffer.

OH, OK, I need your phone number. :squid: Por que? Actually I said no, it's a cash sale, you don't need my phone number. Either a phone number or email address, store policy for all electronics. So I left.

Now I will bash them on the Interwebs and think bad things about them. Please join me.

So get this, I send wifey to get an HDMI cable for the PS3 to the TV. She comes home with one that cost $20.00. Oh nay nay I say, I know they only should cost a couple of bucks. I learned it on SOL. Bring it back and get one on the cheap. She checks around at the various stores and they are all $20.00 or more.

So I start checking. Home Depot has a 12 footer for 8 and change, but out of stock. They also have a 6 footer for $14, and then all sorts of other more expensive options. Lowes pretty much the same thing. Oh nay nay, this won't due.

With my resolve firmly established I go to Sears. It's on the way home and why not I figure, they have TV's and stuff, probably have cables. So low and behold i find one on the shelf, 6 foot, but no price, so I track down the guy to check. He's in a geek conversation with the girl in the TV area, and after a big sigh he stomps over the register, checks price, and proceeds to tell me its on clearance for 6 bucks, but because its probably the worst one in the store, and goes into the whole geek explanation about gold plated tips and that the package doesn't list the speed so its probably slow and how much better his $35 monster cable is. I think he got insulted when I scoffed at him and told him I'd take the 6 buck elcheapo version and suffer.

OH, OK, I need your phone number. :squid: Por que? Actually I said no, it's a cash sale, you don't need my phone number. Either a phone number or email address, store policy for all electronics. So I left.

Now I will bash them on the Interwebs and think bad things about them. Please join me.

He's right about the cables. But I wouldn't have dumped $35 when they had a pair right there for $6

Wrong about the telephone number or email.

I never give my real phone number or email for that matter.

He's right about the cables. But I wouldn't have dumped $35 when they had a pair right there for $6

His point was that the one I was going to buy had silver tips and they don't make as good a connection as the gold plated one. BS. Pure BS.

His point was that the one I was going to buy had silver tips and they don't make as good a connection as the gold plated one. BS. Pure BS.

while that's technically correct, prolly not practically true

not even gonna say what i paid for my hdmi cable

"Either a phone number or email address, store policy for all electronics" "I don't have a phone or a computer, it's for my 99 year old grandmother" is what I'd tell them. If he still insists he needs a phone number or address scream for the manager. That's bullsh it.

"Either a phone number or email address, store policy for all electronics" "I don't have a phone or a computer, it's for my 99 year old grandmother" is what I'd tell them. If he still insists he needs a phone number or address scream for the manager. That's bullsh it.

Yes, but now we haven opportunity to bash them on the Internet.

Wait till tomorrow when I call the store and tell them I'm cancelling my Discover card. :th: It's going to be epic.

My HDMI cable is made from the veins of a fallen dragon and it's wrapped in Elf skin. The tips are coated in platinum melted down from a goblet once held by Odin himself.