Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Anchor Points - new feature

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Have you ever seen a guide so long that you have to scroll to find the right area? Sometimes you'll see people using multiple posts to split up sections. Well, now we have a feature built in to do anchors in posts. This will act like Wikipedia, for example, where you can click in the index and it will move you down the page to that section without reloading or anything.

To make an anchor in a post, you must use HTML but it will parse in the BBCode editor or RTE. Here is how you do it:

The anchor itself (the place you want the link to jump to):

Code:

Colorado

To link to that anchor, use this format:

Code:

Click here to go there

Note that the link much have the #user_[anchor id] format. Now you can put an entire guide or article in one post and not have to worry about breaking it up by sections. Here is an example so you can see how it works.

Index

* EATFISH

* Chipp

Content

IEATFISH - Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor *** soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii le**** saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

Chipp - Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor *** soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii le**** saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

I don't know Tim.........You got forum users dropping like flys and your confusing the issue with new gadgets :D

Forum users dropping like flies? Where? You mean Vinny? He's an emotional fella, he will be back :wave: Where are forum users dropping like flies? :b:

I don't know, but yah know what? It's no big friggin' deal. If you really must know the date/time of a post, hover your mouse over the relative time and it will give you the time/date format. I don't like it this way either, but it's not a functional problem. Buckle up your chin strap :wave:

When are we going to get the time back to the way it was 2 weeks ago?

When are we going to get back what we had, fu*** the new shi**!!

Hey.........We had a choice of Anchor Points or Time and the majority wanted Anchor Points :p

I don't know, but yah know what? It's no big friggin' deal. If you really must know the date/time of a post, hover your mouse over the relative time and it will give you the time/date format. I don't like it this way either, but it's not a functional problem. Buckle up your chin strap :wave:

Lube up, for what they are going to do next.:wave::hooked: