Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

Transmission stuck in park... Help

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

2001 Mercedes E-class. Dead battery today. Just used the car and there was a loud noise when I put it into reverse. It drove ok. Came out of store and now the transmission shifter will not allow me to get out of park. Any suggestions?

there was a loud noise when I put it into reverse.

Thats the sound of a planetary gear shattering if I had to guess. And I only say that because...been there, done that. Not good.

not sure with the Mercedes but isn't there a safety switch that connects your brakes system to the transmission that if the switch goes you can not get out of park. Happened to my Ford Explorer 2 times :( F'n Fords

not sure with the Mercedes but isn't there a safety switch that connects your brakes system to the transmission that if the switch goes you can not get out of park. Happened to my Ford Explorer 2 times :( F'n Fords

Yup - happened to my wife's sable last year. Problem was the stop lamp switch. Easy repair but of course happened when I was out of town feeshin'. She did some googlin and found some sort of key sequence to temporarily override.