Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xmytruck

Shellfishing and Crabs

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Hello

Sorry for the noob question but I want to get into shellfishing when I was a kid my father would take me all the time in yarmouth and I love quahogs.. So are licenese per town? Can I get one license that would cover serveral towns?

Also what about crabs is that at the state level or town to get a licenese?

thx

xmytruck

Yes, a license is by town. Depending on recreational/commercial or resident/non-resident, the prices vary quite a bit. You can catch blue crab recreationally without a permit, but you cannot use traps.

Ya.....big bucks for a non-resident license but worth it if you harvest a few pecks.........BTW most town's family permits expire Dec. 31........

Hey Ditch Jigger,will you claim me as a dependent next year so I can save on a shellfish Licence,there may be a 20.00 in it for ya!!!

Just spend another $25 over the $35 Bourne resident one and my $20, and get the Falmouth one--I hear that Falmouth is open every day. In Bourne, you can only dig on Wednedays, Saturdays, and Sundays for quahogs. Wednesdays and Saturdays for steamers (and only Saturdays in the summer). ;)

I don't know whether Falmouth has an oyster fishery, but Bourne's is only open on the Sundays of November and December. As far as scallops go, I wouldn't waste my time looking for them. :(

Falmouth is a great deal.......fish every day, fish sunrise to sunset which is nice in the summer if you want steamers and you can fish the mashpee side of waquiot bay

Falmouth is a great deal.......fish every day, fish sunrise to sunset which is nice in the summer if you want steamers and you can fish the mashpee side of waquiot bay

How's the steamer fishery in Falmouth? I'd really like to find a stable source of steamers for 2012.

It was very good down waquoit way I used to watch the indian guys plunger 200 pounds in a day......only a 2 foot tide down that way..........there's stuff on the falmouth side of mergansett as well.........

Hey,That Brings up an Idea in my stupid head,my sister lives in Falmouth, if she gets a shellfish permit can't I work off of that as a family member?

Hey,That Brings up an Idea in my stupid head,my sister lives in Falmouth, if she gets a shellfish permit can't I work off of that as a family member?

Most towns have a one day residency requirement.....so, pin that permit on your hat, go dig some shellfish and if anyone asks you just moved in with your sister yesterday...............;):)

I can remember the day with alot of things,When if you had the confidence to do almost anything,the Inspectors would know you & or just believe you.Always made it like you knew what you where doing. More than not,you did know.

Most towns have a one day residency requirement.....so, pin that permit on your hat, go dig some shellfish and if anyone asks you just moved in with your sister yesterday...............;):)

Set up camp in BSP and that entitles you to a resident shellfish license, beach sticker and dump pass, Great deal