Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

RI party boat toggin'

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Two boats that I'm aware of - Seven B's and the Frances Fleet - any opinions on either one? FF lists their times as 6a-4p, that's a long day. Do they have a long ride to the grounds or do they just fish longer? Seven B's is similar at 7a-4p. Bait - greenies i assume, but any whites?

Both boats carry greenies and clams, that it. There is a good chance of catching cod on the tog grounds and when using clam was able to get both. I have been on PB (outside of RI) that limit the use of clams on their Tog trips to cut down on the dogs. I haven't seen dogs on the RI tog grounds, seen plenty when going strictly for cod. As per whites (whiteleggers) I have seen anyone in RI that sells them. If you are able to find them keep me informed. I was tempted to bring some up from NJ to see how they produce. I have been able to obtain Asians crabs at some B&T. I have used Jonah crabs and they produces, you could get them live at some fish stores and some of the lobster boats sell them at Point Judith.

As to the boats, Seven B's verses Frances Fleets, there are + and - on each, I will send you a PM with specifics. Seven B's with Capt. Benn is one of the best party boats on the east coast in my personal opinion. This is not a negative on Frances I have plenty of great trips with them as well.