Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orion30

To the attention of Alan Hawk

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hi Orion.

The links don't appear because the filter disallows them as per posting rules. You can just mention the name of a product and I will try to find it :)

I'm familiar with this reel, and I don't believe it could be compared to the Suveran. The design and materials and ergonomics of that defunct Swedish reel put it way ahead of even today's Stella FE. The reel in the link is a stock reel that is bought by wholesalers and branded for them, therefore you can find it with different names printed on it. It's a lovely design but the build quality is nothing extraordinary. For the price it's a good catfish and pike reel, but don't expect that you will pass it down to your children. It's very smooth and silent.

I have one somewhere. If let's say 25 people are interested, I could dig it out for a future review.

Cheers :)

Yes, the design is the thing, that impress me. Especially the gears both with a warms driven.

But you are right, for these money the materials suppose to be crap. The small gear that drives the oscilation system is plastic. It is good for the wear plastic against metal, but it is not durable.

A mate of mine present it to me, when we discuss the Dam Quick reel. Which Dam called "a legend is back"

The above one is about $200, and it is for the european market, but the oscilation system is a drive train type.

Seems quite decent.

A mate of mine present it to me, when we discuss the Dam Quick reel. Which Dam called "a legend is back"

The above one is about $200, and it is for the european market, but the oscilation system is a drive train type.

Seems quite decent.

I have this one too (which scares me because I seem to have every spinning reel in the world :shock:) :p

The design is brilliant and one that I consider among the top designs in current production, but the execution is not as good. They are made in China (despite the "Germany" on the foot), and the original worm gears were faulty and corroded so they changed them into brass/brass instead of stainless-steel/brass and did not even care to change the information on the box. They lose smoothness quickly and the anti-reverse isn't reliable too.