question for the abu guys

Rate this topic

halipercod

I already own a ABU 6601 C4 reel. But im looking to add another one to the line up. I like the Mag Elite 6500CS and the 6500CS Pro Rocket. What are the main differences between these two reels? I realize the Mag Elite has magnet controlled casting or what ever but is that the only real difference? thanks.

The Pro Rocket has a bait clicker. But keep in mind, the 6601 is a left handed reel while the 6500's are right handed. Meaning the handle is on the other side. You would crank with your right as opposed to cranking with your left as you do now.smile.gif

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

No on the mag reel. But there is a 6501 Pro Rocket.

Don't be distracted by the monikers  these reels get. A c4 is a very good casting reel, as good as any rocket. Really, the guts are all the same. Better bearings, instead of the stock bearings. A lighter oil for the bearings make a difference. 

But really, any reel is as good as the one casting it And, the rod one uses makes a world of difference too!

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

As Jimmy said the guts are the same.IMHO the red high speed elite is the all in one best dist. fishing stock abu.The elite is a great mag reel but the red is a high speed with a CLICKER!. power handle ct cage and one great all around reel.Cheers Alan Abu Garcia 6500 C3CT MAG High Speed Casting Reel NEW

Thanks guys. You know i found that the stock C4 bearings aren't that bad. I've taken them out, taken the shields off and cleaned them extensively after the 1st year of use and i have them running better than i expected. Ive gained distance in my casts since doing this, as well as cleaning and fine tuning other parts, but have kept it all stock. The fact that the MAG Elite is only in right hand retrieve makes it a deal breaker for me. A guy is selling me a brand new pro rocket 6501CS for $150. Now the question is, is it worth getting it, is it a better reel than the C4, lower gear ratio i know which is nice since im not to fond of the C4 higher ratio. but other than that same reel?

You can get a main gear and pinion, the 5.3:1 set, for less than 15.00 dollars. But it's always nice to have another reel. Sometimes SOL members sell them on the BST forum and Ebay is a good place to look as well. Me personally, I wouldn't spend more than 100.00 bucks on any, I make my own. But 150.00 is a good price, and if ya look around you can get 'em for about 100.00-125.00 or so. 

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

<*((())))>< <*((())))><