Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flounderhooked21

NCAA College Basketball 2011-2012

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I would like to see the big east winning the final four again, but it will be tough this year.

N.C and Duke look pretty good this year, but the tarheels look better hopefully a big east team can spoil their season.

I know its early, but which college team would you guys like to see winning the championship?

Won't happen

Don't think there is a team in the big east that can compete with NC.

NC will make it to the Final 4 and could very well win the NC.

All that coming from a Duke fan :o

An ACC team will win it this year.

Yep...what be said. UNC looks real strong.....and this again is coming from a Duke fan :eek:..but Duke will win the end-of -year Duke Invitational/ACC Tournament :D

Yep...what be said. UNC looks real strong.....and this again is coming from a Duke fan :eek:..but Duke will win the end-of -year Duke Invitational/ACC Tournament :D

I said that above your post :laugh:

UNC is going to be real tough.

As a Duke fan I will pull for them for sure. They will be strong and should have a good year, but I don't see them in the final 4. They are too young, and as yet they don't have any leaders on the floor. It will be interesting to see how Coach K develops the team and which player(s) will step up to be leaders. There surely is a lot of talent. Curry and Dawkins can shoot the ball. Rivers has all sorts of skill, but IMHO he has a lot of development ahead of him after dominating at the high school level against inferior players for so long. And lack of a real inside scoring threat and/or a big body to bang with bigger, more talented power forwards alla Williams from Arizona last year will likely once again be their downfall. But I am pulling for them big time. If nothing else 2011-12 is a primer for a championship run in 2012-13.

NC it tough for sure this year, but I don't see them winning it all. Too much star power and not enough team play. They will roll over lesser teams with ease and will probably win the regular season ACC crown. But when tough, tight games occur and they need leadership on the floor they will fall short. Besides, as Bassnutz says, too bad they will lose the Duke Invitational ;) .

If I had to guess I would say a team out of the Big East takes the title this year. Kentucky has all sorts of talent, but no way all those super freshman come together as a team in 4 months. Sullinger is a monster, but no way he carries Ohio State past the elite 8. Is it Boeheim's year? Will UConn have the front court to dominate teams with stronger outside talent? I suspect one or the other will be crowned in March.

Just my $.02

Alan

Yep...Maui Invitational is next and the the Big 10-ACC Challenge vs Ohio State in Columbus. Should be a good ball game.

5:30pm start for you duke fans vs Tenn-