Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfsharpie

Its

Rate this topic

158 posts in this topic

There were gannets working off the beach yesterday. First time I have heard of numbers this year. Too far to reach... but there nonetheless.

There were gannets working off the beach yesterday. First time I have heard of numbers this year. Too far to reach... but there nonetheless.

Nope, last Monday I counted around 50 + at the place down from the from your house.

Funny thing happened Thursday.

I ran into a buddy fishing the shore in an undisclosed state in the rain. Just a few dinks around. And a BIG seal. Several guys in the same area.

We headed to our cars at the same time. Me to get home and prepare for an invasion of 5 15 year old girls. My bud to have a coffee and warm up.

So I see him last night, and he tells me a guy pulled a 47 outta there after I left! :shock:

You never know.

Remember Nolan had a slob in December a few years back.

I know there are still big fish around, but the colder temperatures at night and the fact that the fish are few and far between made me put my plugs away for the winter. :(

They were out there yesterday afternoon too, and not all that far out. Gotta be at least a slob or two going after the herring or whatever the gannets are chowing down on.:th:

-bd