Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

U. S. Airways... Why aren't they bankrupt yet?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Every time that I have flown this airline the flight has either been delayed (15 hours) or outright cancelled after a long delay! I was supposed to fly out of Laguardia to SC last night. Go there two hours early... Listened to announcements of several flights delayed due to maintenance issues. Our plane left Wilmington, NC but had to return to the airport due to "maintenance." After waiting hours --- flight cancelled. Next flight --- 630 --- would not arrive until 1230 due to connecting flights. I canceled, got a refund and left --- 8 hours later. Others opted to fly in the morning. They only gave hotel credits to those who asked AND they didn't give them to everyone who asked (didn't meet their criteria).

Every time that I have flown this airline the flight has either been delayed (15 hours) or outright cancelled after a long delay! I was supposed to fly out of Laguardia to SC last night. Go there two hours early... Listened to announcements of several flights delayed due to maintenance issues. Our plane left Wilmington, NC but had to return to the airport due to "maintenance." After waiting hours --- flight cancelled. Next flight --- 630 --- would not arrive until 1230 due to connecting flights. I canceled, got a refund and left --- 8 hours later. Others opted to fly in the morning. They only gave hotel credits to those who asked AND they didn't give them to everyone who asked (didn't meet their criteria).

lol

cause you keep going back?

All the major network airlines, with the exception of AMR, have filed for Ch. 11 bankruptcy at least once.

Airlines are acting rationally - raising fares with spiking fuel prices and cutting back on capacity. 

Unfortunately, with load factors in the unprecedented 80%+ range for a lot of carriers, that means $hitty service too. 

Out of all the airlines to fly, I hate this one the worst...always feel like something bad is going to happen and I am going to get screwed one way or the other :(

LGA sucks to fly into and out of. I never have good luck there. I avoid that place as much as possible.

I just used up all my us air miles to take the kids to Florida. All the flights were early! First time for me with us air.