Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PescaMexicana

Cam Sigler Fly Rods

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I was talking with Cam Sigler yesterday and he has his Bluewater 9 & 10 weight rods on sale for $80.00. As of this post, you cannt buy them for that price on their website...call Cam directly. I own several of his rods and like all of them and so, you guessed it, I bought another one. I use the Rio WF10F Tropical Outbound Short line on my 10wt Cam Sigler rods and they cast long and hard. They haul in 40 to 50# Dorado along with 25# Tarpon on a regular basis. Hasta pronto, Tom

You are absolutely correct sir. My "go to rod" is also a Sigler 10wt that I changed out the stripper guides on. I went to 20mm and 16mm REC Recoil for the stripper guides the same time I started using the Rio Tropical Outbound Short wf10F. I was happy with the rod all along but now...WOW! Now I can reach those Tarpon on the back side of the lagoon without moving in closer and spooking them. The Sigler rods are simply meat and potatoes, no nonsense rods that work day after day with no rod failure. Whether it's a Tarpon or Dorado on the business end of my line, I never think twice about my rod giving up the fight. Tight lines amigo, Tom

I was talking with Cam Sigler yesterday and he has his Bluewater 9 & 10 weight rods on sale for $80.00. As of this post, you cannt buy them for that price on their website...call Cam directly. I own several of his rods and like all of them and so, you guessed it, I bought another one. I use the Rio WF10F Tropical Outbound Short line on my 10wt Cam Sigler rods and they cast long and hard. They haul in 40 to 50# Dorado along with 25# Tarpon on a regular basis. Hasta pronto, Tom

I took a look at their website and found their "Salt Water" series in the 9', 9 wt and 10 wt sizes. The rods are 3 pieces. Are these the rod you are posting about? Thanks.

Hi guys, sorry to highjack this tread but being in Mexico myself I take the opportunity to ask if anybody has an old messed up #13 or better #14 floating line to sell me.

I am messing around the surf here in Baja with my Hardy Spey rod and got cut off in the rocks.

Ciao,

Emilio

Fly lines are pretty damn tough to come by in Baja Sur as you know... Baja Anglers shop down at the marina in Cabo San Lucas might have a floater in that size for sale. Worth a try.

I took a look at their website and found their "Salt Water" series in the 9', 9 wt and 10 wt sizes. The rods are 3 pieces. Are these the rod you are posting about? Thanks.

That's the rod. A good stick at a good price.

Nope :mad: just picked up a 500grs Leviathan to get me though the winter..Iam working on a "short" belly head/tips system for my big Hardy Spey (15' #10/11).

Thanks for the replyanyway.

Hope we'll meet one day...just to share stories over a couple cold ones.

BTW Flies? You guys sell any? HGot no tying stuff with me down here and,back home, it's all steelhead/speys materials...

Yes, those are the rods. They are like Timex Watches..."They take a lickin and keep on tickin". They are 3 section rods which means when your bend them double, the ferrule is not in the center of the bend. Today was wendy in the Caribbean and I was casting in the park behind my house. I was able to lay out 90 feet of line without breaking a sweat.