Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Mad Deckhand

The second dimension of time as an explanation of the universe.

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I see a lot of science fiction in regards to "going back in time" and fixing a particular issue, like saving JFK, killing Hitler, etc. This leads to a never ending stream of disasters and problems relating to the present, however - like maybe even causing your own death. Of course, you could go back in time and even kill yourself, but it isn't possible to kill yourself this way- you would not be alive to go back in time to do the killing.

That's the conundrum that led me to re-think the whole scenario of only one dimension of time.

What if time wasn't like that at all.

Think about the present. You are reading this blog, soon, you will write something like 'I'm a lunatic.' Eventually you might get bored and go do something else.

It's like an endless stream of "now's" that all happen independently from each other. Yet it's the same person [you] doing these different things.

Now, lets look at going back in time - you can go back, yet you are always going forward. Time always moves in a forward motion there is no backwards. When you go into the past, you are really going into the future, with the backdrop of some long ago world. If you kill yourself in that world, you are not killing "you." just someone who looks like you.....someone who is genetically similar as you once were.

You have split time.

This strange new world is as real as the one you live in. It's the same world - only now with a different outcome than yours. Can you ever visit it again? I don't know. At this point, neither does anyone else.

Oh, and an extra dimension of time also means another dimension of space.

That's the real dimension. The one where the two time dimensions co-exist.

I'm also toying with another dimension even yet - Zero time. The universe is not infinite, it actually has no beginning or end. It simply is. It has no form to be measured. The measuring is done only by us - to explain the thing that we cannot understand. :shock:

All these dimensions are real, they can only be seen in shadows. The way that an ant perceives a great mountain.

;)

If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

It is expanding into nothing.

Despite the fact that everyone now-days thinks it will keep going, I have my doubts as to where it ends up. We don't have the whole picture. Like my kid coming home and telling me that someone punched him - I usually find out the entire story much latter.....

there are 2 people i would trust with going back in time

1 marty mcfly

2 superman

the end. 

Marty would not have screwed anything up.....in this realm.

The real life superman would spend all day at the beach hitting on chicks. Wouldn't you?

Somebody watched that show on PBS the other night.

I couldn't get through it, freaking string theory made more sense. :scuba:

Not me, I don't watch TV.

Oh, and I don't agree with string theory....too many dimensions.

there was a show sliders about this.

it makes sense to me though,

like there ARE other time lines in which I decided to wear the right lucky shirt, 

which meant that the Redskins won, games that in this crappy time line they lost.

I see a lot of science fiction in regards to "going back in time" and fixing a particular issue, like saving JFK, killing Hitler, etc. This leads to a never ending stream of disasters and problems relating to the present, however - like maybe even causing your own death. Of course, you could go back in time and even kill yourself, but it isn't possible to kill yourself this way- you would not be alive to go back in time to do the killing.

That's the conundrum that led me to re-think the whole scenario of only one dimension of time.

What if time wasn't like that at all.

Think about the present. You are reading this blog, soon, you will write something like 'I'm a lunatic.' Eventually you might get bored and go do something else.

It's like an endless stream of "now's" that all happen independently from each other. Yet it's the same person [you] doing these different things.

Now, lets look at going back in time - you can go back, yet you are always going forward. Time always moves in a forward motion there is no backwards. When you go into the past, you are really going into the future, with the backdrop of some long ago world. If you kill yourself in that world, you are not killing "you." just someone who looks like you.....someone who is genetically similar as you once were.

You have split time.

This strange new world is as real as the one you live in. It's the same world - only now with a different outcome than yours. Can you ever visit it again? I don't know. At this point, neither does anyone else.

Oh, and an extra dimension of time also means another dimension of space.

That's the real dimension. The one where the two time dimensions co-exist.

I'm also toying with another dimension even yet - Zero time. The universe is not infinite, it actually has no beginning or end. It simply is. It has no form to be measured. The measuring is done only by us - to explain the thing that we cannot understand. :shock:

All these dimensions are real, they can only be seen in shadows. The way that an ant perceives a great mountain.

;)

If "time always moves in a forward motion there is no backwards", then it's impossible to go back in time because there is "no backwards". Simple logic.;) Yet Kirk and Spock did it. :huh: