Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MartinO67

TV REPAIRS ANYONE??

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

the p.c. richard and son can take it in at the hauppauge store the rates are very fair and reasonable. from the store it will be picked up and taken to the repair center.

Just make sure you get an estimate and you compare the cost to repair to getting a great deal on New. These days, there are deals out there.

I'm not a repair man but I do have audio/video experience. ( I do home theater installations as a side job). How old is the tv? I have found that other than a power supply problem usually anything else it's not cost effective to fix it. At this time of the year you can great deals on a tv.

I'm not a repair man but I do have audio/video experience. ( I do home theater installations as a side job). How old is the tv? I have found that other than a power supply problem usually anything else it's not cost effective to fix it. At this time of the year you can great deals on a tv.

Power Indicator light blinks 10x then pauses then 10x again over and over... I found my paper work today. I have about 14 months left on my extended service plan . I am so pissed!!:mad: EFN 6th Avenue Electronics:thumbd:.

the p.c. richard and son can take it in at the hauppauge store the rates are very fair and reasonable. from the store it will be picked up and taken to the repair center.

Thanks Rob.. Been busy, call you soon..

Power Indicator light blinks 10x then pauses then 10x again over and over... I found my paper work today. I have about 14 months left on my extended service plan . I am so pissed!!:mad: EFN 6th Avenue Electronics:thumbd:.

Found some info

10 blinks = Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG Board

DTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS

Good place to start would be to unplug everything from the ports especially HDMI

Found some info

10 blinks = Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG Board

DTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS

Good place to start would be to unplug everything from the ports especially HDMI

And then what ??:(:D..

ok, is there still a 6th ave elect. in westbury? on old country rd. maybe they will honor the service contract? if not I have a couple options through pc for you. repair or replace. talk soon.

I aint an expert but I did some PC Boad repair work in the Navy:

Unplug all connections as per the directions above and see if it powers up. If no, then open it and replace the power supply and the power control boards. These are cheap when you google the part online because there are so many on the used parts market.

If it powers up, then try to turn it on by plugging one at a time. If it stops working when you plug one in, it means that is the source of a short circuit. Check for visible damage to the connector, if it is lose or touching the chassis.

These tvs are easy to fix since everything is easily accessible. I fixed my 50" Plasma because it was getting red dots when it was getting hot. I could have paid Best Buy Geeks $250 plus parts, or open it up and make 2 pot adjustments until the dots went away. BTW, if you purchased it like me a long time ago and paid an arm and a leg for it, now a new one goes for only about $1200!

Good Luck.