Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
applecore

pulaski, salmon river lodging recommendations

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

A friend recommended Whitakers but they only had one of the 3 nights I need (11/23-11/25) available. Any others worth taking a look at? Not looking for anything fancy, but I do want some place comfortable. Looking to pay no more than $75 a night.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

I'm going this Sun, Mon, Tues to a place I've stayed before but under new mgt; The Victorian at Altmar. I always liked the proximity (you can walk) to the 'Petting Zoo' (Aka FF area) and the quiet nature of being in a house rather than a lodge. I'll give you a review when I get back.

Fox Hollow Lodge in Altmar, right on Rt. 13, if your by yourself you get a single. Ed room in the lodge building. Access to some nice water right behind it, I don't think it can be beat for $45.00/night.

+1 for Fox Hollow. I just stayed there again this weekend. You can get a room in the lodge for cheap but you share a bathroom. Cabins are all to yourself but a little more $$. If you are going with a couple guys the cabins are the way to go.

reporting back:

Stayed at 1880 House- Wednesday through last night. Owner, Linda, is very friendly and works hard to make everyone feel at home and at ease. There were 4 soups available from 11am to past 7pm, along with fresh baked bread- all very good (at least the 3 soups I tried- especially the beef barley). There's plenty of space to move around and hang out, a PC in the living room with internet access, washing machines and dryers in the basement, and so on. The first 2 nights I had a double all to myself on the third floor and it was pretty nice. There was a small gas fireplace that got the room plenty warm in a hurry and the room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

However, last night I had to move the smallest room as that was the only one available. Paper thin walls and floors. I could hear guys yapping in the basement and a family in the room next door- and it's not like anyone was loud. I could even hear the tv from the room next door.

Summary- if you can get a room on the second or third floors I would definitely consider this place as an option. I would not book a room on the first floor if I had any other option.