Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Mad Deckhand

My idea for an offence.....yes, I'm bored......

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I will start by using

7 OL men

1 qb/running back/coach hybrid,

2 -backs

1 WR.

Most of the plays will be running plays, with no pass-blocking, even on passing downs.

This will eliminate most holding calls and false starts.

Counter-tray will be used as the 'go to' play, with the back side of the play sealed off by the H-backs.

The lone WR will be a decoy/deep threat/ reverse type of player who also throws the qb option to the rb/ qb hybrid.

There will be no placekicker. I hate them anyway......always doing stupid, superstitious crap. We always go for it. PAT's will all be two pointers.

There will be no tackles - only guards and centers.

The H-backs will ether be tall [6'7"] or very short [6'1] depending on with H-back spot there are playing.

Opposing defenses will never know what plays will be passes or runs because they will all look like runs.

Qb/rb will play mostly shot-gun line will always have a very simple blocking scheme to eliminate penalties and blown assignments.

OL line will be made up of superior run-blockers who are short, fat, and tough.

Qb/rb should be an accurate passer, about 5'7" - 6'0" and very elusive - he also calls the plays There is no huddle. This is to wear out the defense.

WR needs to have good hands and must have elite speed and good passing skills.

Late in the game, the qb will be replaced by a very big more pure RB - someone about 260# to grind out the clock.

This offence is designed to create miss-matches, rather than win by trickery.

Interesting...but with no place kicker, who is going to kick off after all the TDs you guys are going to score.?

The punter will kick-off.

Most of the time it will be an on-sides kick. Other times - squib kick.

A [6'7"] H Back on every team?

Talking about my team. Those kind of H-backs will be used to clear out the second tier on running plays. We will send them in motion and they will level LB's and safeties to create long runs.

Congratulations---you just re-invented the old single wing. :laugh:

It's ALL been done......

Did they ever use it in the pro's? Thinking it could actually work based on what I have seen lately. Too much powder-puff.

Congratulations---you just re-invented the old single wing. :laugh:

It's ALL been done......

Did they ever use it in the pro's? Thinking it could actually work based on what I have seen lately. Too much powder-puff.

What do you think the "Wildcat" was? Basically, a rehash of the single wing. :laugh:

What do you think the "Wildcat" was? Basically, a rehash of the single wing. :laugh:

Edit - Ditch, if you want to have a discussion, please don't laugh in my face, thanks.

I've had a rough day with my kid screaming and tantruming for hours on end. I come here to get away from it. :th:

If your new/old offense is too successful, the NFL will make rules against it.

Don't go upsetting the apple cart.

True, I don't know if it could work....I would have to play a defense that would prevent quick scoring - a kind of stop the pass first D. Make them run the ball - like me, and beat them at my game. The trick is to eliminate negative plays and always keep moving the ball. Defenses hate playing the run, over and over. It just plain wears them out.

If you only play with big run-blocking linemen and your players are considerably bigger across the board, it creates an incredible mismatch.

Other teams do not put a premium on run stoppers - their best players are cornerbacks and pass-rushers.

Also, when the opposing team starts to tire out, they will have to turn to people who are not well suited to stopping the run.

All of our offensive blocking schemes are based on run blocking. It will use simple man to man and has only small room for error, unlike most teams that run far too complicated plays, resulting in penalties and turnovers.