Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

i know the average age of the RI forum is about 56, but

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

any interest in renting a basketball court, once a week, during the week, over the winter?

Play pick-up, if we had enough definites, around ten to a dozen, it wouldnt cost much per person....

I'm east bay but would be willing to travel, depending on where most of the confirmations came from...

Uh oh, I can see this leading us toward another big debate in the tavern about what defines an athlete. I'm planning on going on a pastrami samwich and New York System Weiner diet for the winter which could give whoever is following me around on the courts a good incentive to back the eff off....:D

i could talk timmeh into it, theres two....victor got any athleticism, we know bob doesnt? Bassballer and odizza are relatively young bucks....I could probably get another couple of guys from work....maybe my neighbor..

it doesnt take many guys to make it worth it...

I was a wrestler (among other things) from 7th grade well into the Army and I'm afraid if I was to even TOUCH a basketball I might be struck by lightning or something.

I can still hear my first coach screaming "if you sissies don't wanna get serious, you can go one gym over and dribble with the prancing superstars all you want".

I just can't get my old coaches words outta my head...lol

Dinghy, you KNOW what I'm talking about...

yes, I do, my brother was also so unathletic that he had not other choice but to wrestle....it actually hurt to watch him do anything that required athleticism...

any interest in renting a basketball court, once a week, during the week, over the winter?

Play pick-up, if we had enough definites, around ten to a dozen, it wouldnt cost much per person....

I'm east bay but would be willing to travel, depending on where most of the confirmations came from...

If your BB doesn't pan out you can always join us for some sunday morning hockey

my brother actually wrestled won new englands and wrestled fro USA....still dont understand how he didnt wrestle in college :huh:

I was undefeated my last 3 years but kicked off before states all 3, twice for drinking and once cuz I told the coach to go someplace special - we had a new coach those years who was a pan am judo champ and I was the only guy to ever take him down back then. Wrestled in the Army for a while but when I was asked to go to the "All Army" Team, my unit wouldn't let me out and that was the end of that.

Since I was at the top in everything including running and ALL aspects of soldiering which DOES require an EXTREME level of "athletecism" (thank you very much) they decided I was too valuable to give up....:D

EIB included a 12 mile, overland, fully loaded ruck, boots, M60 and 2000 rounds of ammo run which I did in 1 hour and 57 minutes. Most of the guys on my high school basketball team were MUCH too pretty to ever consider such a thing....:D

End of my bragging.

Even if no one every accuses me of being an athlete again, at least I weren't no ball handler, well, except for baseball but that is MUCH too American to go picking on anyone about....:)

i wasnt questioning your endurance :p

No. You were questioning my all around ability as an athlete ONLY because I don't like basketball. That's a little like TF telling everyone they are bush fans ONLY because they don't believe HIM don't ya think?

Apparently anyone who doesn't like playing basketball has no athletic ability?

I'm on you like stink on a monkey on this one buddy...:D

Is it NOT possible that someone who does not like basketball to still be athletic and still have a high level of "athletic ability"?