Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EliasV

Kayak repair around Long Island

7 posts in this topic

I've developed a crack in the seating area of my Cobra Fish N Dive after four years of hard use. Contacted Cobra and told me they could send me a kit for repair.

Sounds ok to me, but my preference is to have someone with some experience working on plastic boats do it for me.

Anyone know of a store or someone in the NYC or LI area?

I would try Captain Kayak out in Sayville. I've had a few dealings with Jerry and crew. They are great guys and really know their way around kayaks. They do installs and repairs, so I would think that they've done their fair share of plastic repairs.

I agree. Jerry and his crew have the knowledge and material to help out. It's worth the call or trip to ask his advice.

If you do the repair yourself, gelcoat epoxy is good. You want to use something that will be able to flex with the kayak.

I agree. Jerry and his crew have the knowledge and material to help out. It's worth the call or trip to ask his advice.

If you do the repair yourself, gelcoat epoxy is good. You want to use something that will be able to flex with the kayak.

I've heard west systems "G-Flex" is good on kayaks.

If Capt Kayak can't help I know that Wes Trailers in Wading River can plastic weld and they are very good. They did a holding tank on a trailer for me and it was like new when they finished. I don't know if they would mess with a kayak but it would be worth a call.

Eagle's neck Paddling company has been around for ever, & they have a large rental fleet.

chances are Dave has repaired similar cracks.

they are in southold ny Port of Egypt marina.

(*Edited - we do not allow commercial links or URLs here - please do not post them - thanks. TimS)