Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naonam

daiwa 3h

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

can we change the bearings of a 3h?

i see many replacement bearings for 5h and 6h, but none for 3h, i would guess they would not fit because 5 and 6h should be a little bigger reels.

can we change the settings of the bearings?washers...because my reel is not tight enough, no drag tension, i can pull line so easily. so i put a piece of metal to help tighten the spool

i will provide pictures so i can better explain my situation.

yes, i am new here,

the first time i posted the pics, i did not see the message saying that my post was put under moderation, so i posted again.

you might see the pics twice after that,

please i need your suggestions and comments.

thanks

It looks like you have brass bushings, not bearings.

They will not rust. Clean them of surface crap and re-oil.

Don't soak them (in cleaner) as that will cause the porous nature of the bushing to be defeated.

i  gave a quick description of the pics but don't see them anymore.

on the 3rd pic, the little white round piece was put as a replacement to a similar larger disc that got worn out.

as it is now, the reel is working, but as you can see, the replacement disc gets worn out pretty quickly too after only a day of light use.

plus, the 2 bottom pieces inthe first pic seem to be washers, am i correct? those wear out too.

because of the wearing out, the drag becomes less and less tight, before i put the white piece on, the max drag was about 0.5lb, basically null...

in the last pic, there used to be a short screw in there, but i took it out because the handle would move a lot. good or badmove?

beside cleaning and oiling after everyuse, is there anything i can do to make the reel work better?

thanks for reading.

it needs the screw you can add a flat washer above or below the curved washers and this will put more pressure on the drag stack you must have a lot of pressure on the spool shaft for it to wear out shims so quick try adding an extra to one side if this does not work add one to both sides it is normal that they get the indentions your drag washers could also need replacing