I Got My Frickin' Parade...

Rate this topic

RedJeep

As a Vietnam Veteran I have been waiting for 42 years for a Parade to welcome me home, today I finally got it, at the Ruth C. Kinney Elementary school. My oldest grandson is a student there and he and I sported identical 20th Engineering Brigade Vietnam Vet hats as we paraded through the school to the cheers of many classes of children too young to have any knowledge of most of their "Heroes". I have been saying for years, when ever the topic of being a Vietnam vet would come up, "I'm still waiting for my parade" now I can't say that any more.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

:th: Hope it replaces a small part of what you gave up in service of this country. Thank you.
I end a lot of my sentences with "just saying" because ending the sentence with "DUMB ASS" would probably be considered offensive!
Never get jealous when you see your ex with someone else, remember that you were taught to give your used toys to the less fortunate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedJeep View Post

As a Vietnam Veteran I have been waiting for 42 years for a Parade to welcome me home, today I finally got it, at the Ruth C. Kinney Elementary school. My oldest grandson is a student there and he and I sported identical 20th Engineering Brigade Vietnam Vet hats as we paraded through the school to the cheers of many classes of children too young to have any knowledge of most of their "Heroes". I have been saying for years, when ever the topic of being a Vietnam vet would come up, "I'm still waiting for my parade" now I can't say that any more.

Peace

Thanks for your service, WELCOME HOME!

Great story! 

Thank you, all, for your kind words. I will say I got a million dollars worth of experience, form being in the Army, that I wouldn't of paid a nickle for.

And a big Happy Veterans Day, to all of my SOL friends who are or have served our country.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6